Cable release for Bronica ETRS

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by goob4114, Jan 7, 2016.

1. goob4114

goob4114 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I need help here. I can't find anywhere on what "type" of cable release I need for my Bronica ETRS. I found a forum where someone said that any "standard" cable release will work. What IS a "standard" cable release? Can I just go to Amazon and search "cable release" and buy any one of the number that pop up?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    20 inch Locking Shutter Cable Release for Bronica ETR ETRS ETRSi SQ SQA SQAi

A "standard" cable is often called a screw-in type. This was used on hundreds and hundreds of different camera models and shutters for large format lens shutters, for literally, decades. There are locking types, and non-locking, and also varying lengths. Look for the T-shaped button-pushing end, the skinny cable, and then the tapered, threaded end that threads down into the shutter's release button. This is a very,very commonly sold accessory. e-Bay has lots of them! So, no worries!

Some cameras used what is often called the "screw-over" type, which has a larger collar that threads "over" the release area (Nikon F for example). There are also electronic releases. You just need the old-school screw-in or standard cable release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. goob4114

goob4114 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Perfect!!! I'm ordering it now. You were a huge help! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1