Cactus V2 Help

so as i mentioned, i found a person near my town on kijiji who has the nikon sb50dx, which is the same flash i have (other than the sunpak) so i emailed her through the kijiji ad, and made arrangements to pick it up on Tuesday when I was going to be in the town I thought she was in (next town over, about 35 mins away) she sent me her address... she lived right next to me!! what are the odds of that!!! so I now have 2 nikon sb50dx's and they both work great with the cactus' (cacti??) i'm very excited to start playing with wireless lighting (i've used off camera, but i've always been limited to the few feet I could stretch the chord... no more!!!

its interesting though to get this flash from her, becasue it was bran new, where as the other nikon sb50dx wasnt, and the guy who sold it to me knew nothing about it.. turns out its missing some parts!! but it still works great! so, heres to some new cool lighting options!!

Congrats on the cactus triggers!!

I just got mine Friday, a V2s transmitter & Reviever, and a V2 Receiver. Not much time to play with them yet though.

Did you change the original batteries that came with the cactus receivers? Mine were acting very wierd, and I found that the V2s and my 430EX did not like the low battery that came with it. Switch it with the battery from the V2 and it works fine, and the V2 with the weak battery fires my old Vivitar no problem!

Just a thought, because I had heard ahead of time they act very strangely some times when the batteries get low.

Cheers

Most reactions

Back