Cactus

MATTY_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well today I was bored and snapped a few pictures..this is within walking distance of my house, these were the only ones that I liked and I just thought I would share to get some feedback and help... here they are!

Im not too sure about this one... Their is alot of sky showing. I do however like how you can see the spray stuff (not sure what it is) from the airplane in the sky.
blockingthesun.png

This one was kind of a pain to edit.
brokencactus.png

I thought this one was kind of cool how they grew together
GrownTogethercopy.png

The first one is a little dark for my taste, and I think the vapor trail from the airplane takes away a bit, but that just boils down to opinon really. But I really like two, the black and white gives it an amost helpless and dead kind of feel. Never seen a large cactus like that before, I've always imagined cactuses as kind of moist and fleshy, but the b&w you have is making me think otherwise. Are they hard and woody like a tree? All in all good pics! :thumbup:

The first one is a little dark for my taste, and I think the vapor trail from the airplane takes away a bit, but that just boils down to opinon really. But I really like two, the black and white gives it an amost helpless and dead kind of feel. Never seen a large cactus like that before, I've always imagined cactuses as kind of moist and fleshy, but the b&w you have is making me think otherwise. Are they hard and woody like a tree? All in all good pics! :thumbup:

thanks for the feedback! Yeah I like the second one..the B&W gives it a real dramatic look which is what i was going for with the dead cactus. For the most part cacti are pretty moist and fleshy so to say.. ive never touched one..haha but they do look like they have life. However when they are dead the "skeleton" of them turns into petrified wood. the one in the picture is in the process of dying so its all dried out and rough looking.

Most reactions

Back