What's new

Cake..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 26, 2011
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
524
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm submitting a recipe to Food Gawker and I need a picture to go with it.. I spent an hour with this stupid cake and I was getting quite frustrated. How does this look?

coconut cake02 by TamiAz, on Flickr
 
makes me hungry. has a few hot spots that depending on how the original is you could save them.
 
It looks like you need to keep cutting it up and pass it out for us to sample. lol

I would like to see more detail in the icing on the top of the cake. It looks blown out to me.
 
I know how food photography can be frustrating. Deeply sympathize and I think you need a :hug::

If you had enough of it today, then I'll say it's good, and it really is a good photo.

If you want the photo a bit better then composing the triangle slice needs a bit more work
 
I think the icing is blown out?
Perhaps bracket and merge the shot with the icing?

$14183657811_502fe16833_olll.webp
 
^^what Lew suggested my be the answer. His edit looks mouth watering delicious.
 
Food keeps coming... What's your plan ?
 
Thanks for the feedback... Is this better?? I pulled down the highlights..

coconut cake03 by TamiAz, on Flickr

I may try again tomorrow, but I'm done for the day.. That's if I can keep my family away from it. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom