calibrate monitor

Abstract

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
how does one calibrate their monitor to show colours to their best likeness images on my laptop always seem dull compared to my pc... any help is much appreciated :hugs:

Do you have photoshop? There is a little application called 'Adobe Gamma'.

The best way to do it, is with a hardware device that actually goes on the front of the monitor to measure the color etc. But those are fairly expensive.

Laptop (& LCD) screens are hard to calibrate though, they look different depending on the angle that you are viewing it at.

Maybe you could put your lap top next to your desk top with the same image...and adjust them to match.

I have ColorVision's Spyder 2 calibration system. It made a huge difference on my PC LCD display, and did a good job on my laptop. It was $250 and also came with software that generates an ICC profile for printers. You print a target and scan it. Whole process took 20 minutes and I was very happy with the results. I could never get my prints to look like my monitor before, now they are about perfect.
You will see definite color shifts depending on the angle of the laptop display, but it's easy enough to adjust the angle so it looks right, on mine it's pretty much vertical. My PC display is a lot more forgiving in regard to viewing angle.

If you have a Mac you will find the calibration software in the System Preferences > Displays > Colour.
I have a G4 laptop and I have no trouble calibrating the TFT screen - Mac's have a profile for it.
You should find a PC programme here
http://www.tucows.com/

Most reactions

Back