Calling all Lightroom professionals!

alex_ethridge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Me again!

I have finally grasped Lightroom, but only the basics. I am slowly but surely figuring out all the tools and processes but I know I have barely scratched the surface. I can't wait to learn more about Light room and what all it can do. I have just learned how to fix photos that I would normally trash but have been able to recover them as well as enhance the keepers. So far, I am very impressed with what I have seen just in those two things. My photography has drastically improved since using LR but I want to step it up a knotch, or few. Could anyone suggest a website, YouTuber, or specific video that you have found very helpful to give the best overall guide to Lightroom? I would also love to learn specifically about composites in LR as well. So if you know of a video that best assists with those, that would be awesome!! I have become a better photographer by joining this forum. Everyone is so helpful and nice here!! Thank you guys so much for your feedback! :)

xoxo -Alex

A Scott Kelby book got me started, and then helpful folks here and on YouTube helped me continue. The reason I liked the book is because he shows you a workflow from import to export that I still use several years later. I think that’s really important to do first.

I would also love to learn specifically about composites in LR as well.
LR is not for pixel manipulation.

Indeed. Photoshop is though...and to take a lot of the pretty (manipulated) Newborn photos, it’s a necessity.

If you want to know in depth what tools/features/functions Lr has get the newly released:
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC Book

For how to 'finish' a digital negative for electronic display:
The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop (2nd Edition)

For how to finish a digital image for printing:
The Digital Print: Preparing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop for Printing

To discover the ins and outs of digital image sharpening:
Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

Both these authors belong to a group known a PixelGenius that has helped Adobe create and improve Lightroom. Jeff Schewe and Bruce Fraser basically wrote the code that has been Lr's Sharpening panel for years now. Unfortunately Bruce passed a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I learned the basics of Lightroom from an ebook & video series from Tony Northrup. People seem to have mixed feelings about his YouTube channel, but the LR tutorials were pretty solid. A few years ago it was $10, looks like it’s a bit more now, but still worth it in my opinion.
https://northrup.photo/product/lr/

Most reactions

Back