Camden Fiasco

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to Camden Town yesterday, spent 3 hours there and took about 300 photos. 290 are total cr*p. And probably 2 are decent. This is under 1 per cent return. DOH.
BTW, one was taken by a Nikon cropped DSLR, and another one by a pocket sized P&S. I am sure you will tell the difference :waiting::waiting:

$CamTboot_w.jpg

$CamM1_w.jpg

I like the business of the first although I would crop off some more of the horse.

The blowing of the shirts with the woman is good but would lighten up some of the darkness inside the store if possible.

I was trying for several minutes to figure out where the horse was in the first picture. I couldn't see anything at all. But I also thought that I was looking at the whole picture. I finally clicked on it and realized that there's more in the frame than appears in the post.

After I did, I liked the picture better. All I could see was the top of the phone booth, the sign, the wall, and the tops of the bikes, and cropped that closely, it was definitely an, "Well, I just don't get it" kind of image for me. With the wider crop, it's more interesting. It's still the lesser of the two pictures posted, however.

I really like the second one and disagree with lightening the inside of the store. Everything we need to see is outside and well-lit; I don't think the image needs any details that are in those shadows.

Yes, strangely TPF cuts off the right side of both images (with iPads and tablets at least) so you need to click on it to see the whole frame.
Mike - with the horse I want to keep than sun lit patch of the pavement, but probably you are right.
Re the second image I absolutely agree with limr - it is all about the contrast and the strong shades of white and black with a bit of colour here and there.
Thank you both for your comments.

Last edited:
Just FYI: Camden Town is a Punk and Goth incubator turned into a huge market place.

$CamdT_w.jpg

Looks like fun :) Much more so than Camden, New Jersey :confused: There, you apparently have a 1 in 39 chance of being a victim of a violent crime and a 1 in 19 chance of being a victim of a property crime.

Looks like fun :) Much more so than Camden, New Jersey :confused: There, you apparently have a 1 in 39 chance of being a victim of a violent crime and a 1 in 19 chance of being a victim of a property crime.

Camdem Town, London is more about tourists and well mannered middle class punk :D

$CamT9_w.jpg

"well-mannered middle class punk"

A phrase that is making Sid Vicious spin in his grave ;)

...and I saw the best ever tattoo there yesterday. Most locals are hip in Camden Town.

$CamTatoo.jpg

Great people watching pics. Fun and interesting to look at. Well done.

Most reactions

Back