Camera and Lense help

hrnhntr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to get a EOS Rebel T2i (Body). I will be using it for everyday pictures, and possibly wildlife. I am an amature at best. I had a canon film camera (EOS 30 I think). I have two lenses that I had for the camera and want to know if these are good lenses to keep to go with the camera. I have a 24-85 ultrasonic and a EF 100-300 ultrasonic 1:4.5-5.6 (made in Japan). I saw these going on ebay for $100+. Need some input if this is a good camera for what I plan to do and if the lenses are ok? Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, those lenses will work fine on that camera. They will 'feel' longer by a factor of 1.6 because that camera's sensor is smaller than 35mm film.
They aren't 'top of the line' lenses, but that should be OK for most amateur photographers.

Thanks for the info. Would I be better off with the lenses that come in the kit?

I would recommend getting the camera with at least the 18-55mm lens. Because of the 1.6 crop factor, 18 to 50mm will give you the 'normal range' that you other wise wouldn't have with those other lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back