Camera Bags or Backpack recommendations?

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for a backpack or similar that can carry 3 camera bodies and 4 lens. Any recommendations including some decent cheaper stuff. Looking at carrying around a couple of film cameras and a digital camera.

ThinkTank Streetwalker Hard Drive could do it.

If you are anything like me with camera bags, every one is the best thing ever for about 2 weeks, then... But that is a lot of gear for a backpack, I am always happy with lowepro as far as build quality and ease of use goes. Having said that I recently bought a thinkTank sling 30, which I had to modify inside with some lowpro dividers but holds 2 full frame bodies, 70-200, 16-35, both attached to bodies, and 50 + 24 pc-e loose, plus filters, cards etc. not sure if you make hold 4 bodies tho. Great for in the city, and also has a tripod pouch. I have backpacks but just use them for hauling gear to location. I find them to slow to use when walking around shooting.

However, I did see that lowepro have released a range of backpacks that spin around so you can access them without taking them off/putting them down, but I don't think they hold anywhere near that amount of gear.

Let me know if you find what you're looking for!!!

Last edited:
You'll get over that.
I used to carry gear and more gear around. Now the only time I need to carry extra gear is for a wedding and even then I only wear one body and a lens bag that has an extra speedlite in it and a couple of lenses. The extra back up gear goes in my rolling case of all of the additional gear that goes to a wedding.
Besides, lugging all that gear will kill the fun fast.

I prefer the Lowepro Fastpack 350 It has room for both of my Nikons, lenses and laptop. You can find a review here or go to Lowepro Fastpack

I just bought a Lowepro Trekker 300.. and it rocks. It is replacing my Lowepro Flipside 400! I needed more capacity, but the Trekker is almost overkill.

I will be placing the Flipside 400 in the Buy&Sell forum in a week or two. It is great for events, or just general hiking.. holds a lot of gear, and it is easy to get to the gear without taking the pack all the way off too.

The Kata bumblebee ul 222 might be something worth looking into. It's around $260. Not sure if that's in your budget. Thatnikonguy did a review on it on YouTube.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would expect to pay at least $100 for a backpack big enough to carry that much gear safely.

At $33 that backpack may hold the gear but likely will offer little else. One failed zipper, strap, or seam, and you could have a substantial gear repair or replacement bill.

What Keith said. At $50, the only bags you can get are definitely not something I would trust $10k worth of gear to.

You're looking at an investment of at least $100-130 to get something with enough redundant safety features to be safe enough for that much gear.

Lowepro is pro grade and more expensive than others, but CaseLogic and Vanguard, among others, offer less expensive alternatives.

In my defense, just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's going to be good, and just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's necessarily bad, and the saying, you get what you pay isn't always true.

So what would you recommend? The amazon bag had a ton of good reviews and only few bad ones like many products have, I figured it might be decent.

I bought the Clik Elite Bottle Rocket Backpack (Black) CE707BK B&H Photo 3 months ago for my journey through China. Hiking and walking a lot with my gear so I needed a great backpack. It's a quite expensive bag but worth the investment! The bands are so great, fully adjustable and adjustable in different ways. The waist band is very big PLUS though, it really supports the weight onto your waist instead of the shoulders like a good travellers backpack.
+ there are two side "containers" that give room for two water bottles or extra gear, the bottles even come extra with the bag.
[h=4]Product Highlights[/h]
  • For DSLR, 2 Lenses, Flash, Accessories
  • Includes 2 Stainless Steel Water Bottles
  • Water-Resistant Nylon
  • 100 oz Hydration Compartment
  • Padded Camera Bay / Modular Dividers
  • Corrugated Mesh Contoured Back Panel
  • Adjustable Shoulder Straps/Chest Strap
  • Tripod Sling/Two Zippered Side Holsters
  • Tuck-a-Way Rain Fly
  • Lifetime Warranty

Most reactions