Camera Bags

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Bea, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Trish1977

Trish1977 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    :lol::lol::lol:

2. Sideburns

Sideburns TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Lowepro Fastpack is what I'm gonna get when I got the funds...

3. D40

D40 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  4. Kazoo

Kazoo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    no worries, B&H definitely ship to Canada, have bought all my camera stuff except my bag there. Recommend picking any shipping visa US Postal service - I paid $37 in tax/duty once my $200 order arrived vs the $65 extra when UPS shipped my other stuff.

The Tamrac Adventure 6 works pretty well for me 'cos I wanted extra storage on the top for carry-on. However if you want ease of access to your camera the the lowepro slingshot series is better if you don't want to set the bag down (kinda wish I had the 200AW with all the snow).

Cost-wise it might work out cheaper ordering from Henry's depending on which bag you pick, they have free shipping..... hmmm seems like that offer ends today :(

5. Bea

Bea TPF Noob!

I ended up buying the 4 million dollar home, however took it back the next day! (Glad I bought it from a store and not online)
    Anyways I had to take it back because it got little pc's of "lint" all over my camera, lens, screen etc........ Good job I picked up a cleaning kit as well!!!!
    I ended up getting a Lowepro instead.
    Very disappointed that the Crumpler bag had to go back; loved everything about it.....except the "lint" :grumpy:

6. smcaskil

smcaskil TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have the Domke F-6 Little Bit Smaller Shoulder Bag. Here are a couple of pictures of it. I took them with a crappy camera phone, which explains the lousy image quality. But you get the idea of what the inside of the bag looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Happy Hour

Happy Hour TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I bought a Tamrac back pack it's the smaller one $50 & I love it!!! It's small but holds allot!I have the body ,5 lenses,speed flash,spare batteries,chargers,uv filter/polarizers ect.ect. It holds more than you think. Kinda wish I had the bigger one 2. but this one goes everywhere with me and it's no larger than your purse.[​IMG]

8. iriairi

iriairi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Anybody else have a similar experience with lint? I was considering one of these bags...

9. itoncool

itoncool TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have Lowepro Mini Trekker AW, Crumpler Whickey & Cox, Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home (without lint problem). I like them all and I want more bags, Brown Billingham and Black Domke are nice.

10. Bea

Bea TPF Noob!

I called it "lint" because I'm not sure what else to call it.
    It was not white, but silver little tiny fibers all over the camera when I took it out of the bag. And I mean all over, the screen, the lens, then body etc... I had black pants on and could see some on my pants as well, from where the camera was resting.
    If your going to buy one then I suggest taking your camera with you to see if you have a similar problem.
    It could have just been that bag.....you never know. I'm also very observant and picky about little things like that. I did have to clean the camera off after using the bag just once! So based on my experience I would not recommend the 4 million dollar one.

11. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've bought several times from them... they ship to Canada. Make arrangements to NOT use UPS... unless you want to pay extra for bogus brokerage fees. Also depending on the article, sometimes they charge very high for shipping.

Check out both BEFORE making any purchases.

12. shorty6049

shorty6049 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

something about the name "crumpler" just makes me think bad things about what'll happen to my camera if i put it in there... :lol:

is there anything special about that 7 million dollar home bag that makes it worth so much?
    i got the Tamrac 5575 for right around the same price and it -looks- like it has more to offer. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...ail&A=showItemLargeImage&Q=&sku=363835&is=REG

i dont know much about crumplers though, other than they're good, and i'm not trying to talk them down or anything, and i'd probably reccomend something like that to you , Bea , becasue my bag, although its great and holds a lotta stuff, its probably overkill for what you need.

but please someone enlighten me as to why the crumpler "million dollar home " series would be worth as much as they cost vs. just a regular shoulder bag that someone would carry books and school stuff around in?

and why the heck is my bag so expensive too??:grumpy: