Camera Bags

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Bea, Dec 15, 2007.

1. shorty6049

shorty6049 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    oh, also, Ben Berndt (thewavebb) has a bag fetish , so if he's ever on here, he could probably tell you quite a bit about what bag you'd want... ;-)

2. Bea

Bea TPF Noob!

I found Crumpler expensive as well. The 4 million dollar home cost 70.00 in Canada. I bought a Lowepro for 45.00 that seemed more functional and had more room. Depends on your needs, mine are simple at the moment. But some of the larger bags were surprisingly expensive!!!!

3. bapp

bapp TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    CRUMPLER CRUMPLER CRUMPLER CRUMPLER......

I have two of their camera bags and a laptop bag... Fantasitc quality and look great...

I also like saying that word CRUMPLER CRUMPLER CRUMPLER!

I'd do a search on ebay as they are kinda expensive and you might get lucky on there!!

4. itoncool

itoncool TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Bea, maybe not every Crumplers have that 'lint' problem, I'm not defending Crumpler, I don't see any point to do that, and I would have gone mad as well if I've had that issue. But, based on my experience I bought 2 and both were clean (inside and outside), well now both are a bit dirty outside. ;)

If you want a 'different-look' bag, you can consider a Crumpler. Great material, Soft padding, Strong strap (but too loud, I meant very LOUD strap), Nice design, Good protection. But, organizing my equipment in my Whickey & Cox Crumpler backpack is confusing sometimes, especially if I want to put a lot of big lenses inside. The turtle shape is nice-looking but makes the edges not suitable for big equipments. So the middle part is always taken by my 70-200VR. I prefer my Lowepro backpack for organizing (much better).

I don't need to say anything more about Lowepro & Tamrac, they are durable and proven as a good camera bag maker.

5. uberben

uberben TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Haha...yeah I have a problem . I am uberben on here though :D

I love crumpler bags. I use a 7 million dollar home bag for my wedding bags and they are fantastic. Very comfy and look really low profile as far as camera bags go.

I have a couple backpacks, but I do like the tamrac expedition line up as one of the best bang for the buck.

Totally check out http://www.cambags.com/reviews/ for reviews and photos with people gear in a ton of different bags.

6. shorty6049

shorty6049 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    haha, woops...

7. ranmyaku

ranmyaku TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I didn't have any problem with 'lint' with my bag...I've never heard of it from anyone else either...Maybe it was an isolated problem.

I like it b/c it is low profile and doesn't look like a camera bag. I walk around big cities alot and i like to not look like im carrying around camera equipment.

the bag is also very roomy. I think it will hold a little more than what they say in the description.

Lastly, it is very comfortable to wear. this is great for a shoulder bag.

8. Rajuthan

Rajuthan TPF Noob!

Buy a Bag off ebay