Camera Bags

no worries, B&H definitely ship to Canada, have bought all my camera stuff except my bag there. Recommend picking any shipping visa US Postal service - I paid $37 in tax/duty once my $200 order arrived vs the $65 extra when UPS shipped my other stuff.

The Tamrac Adventure 6 works pretty well for me 'cos I wanted extra storage on the top for carry-on. However if you want ease of access to your camera the the lowepro slingshot series is better if you don't want to set the bag down (kinda wish I had the 200AW with all the snow).

Cost-wise it might work out cheaper ordering from Henry's depending on which bag you pick, they have free shipping..... hmmm seems like that offer ends today :(

I ended up buying the 4 million dollar home, however took it back the next day! (Glad I bought it from a store and not online)
Anyways I had to take it back because it got little pc's of "lint" all over my camera, lens, screen etc........ Good job I picked up a cleaning kit as well!!!!
I ended up getting a Lowepro instead.
Very disappointed that the Crumpler bag had to go back; loved everything about it.....except the "lint" :grumpy:

I have the Domke F-6 Little Bit Smaller Shoulder Bag. Here are a couple of pictures of it. I took them with a crappy camera phone, which explains the lousy image quality. But you get the idea of what the inside of the bag looks like.

234752589-S.jpg

234752630-S.jpg

I bought a Tamrac back pack it's the smaller one $50 & I love it!!! It's small but holds allot!I have the body ,5 lenses,speed flash,spare batteries,chargers,uv filter/polarizers ect.ect. It holds more than you think. Kinda wish I had the bigger one 2. but this one goes everywhere with me and it's no larger than your purse.
camerabag.jpg

I ended up buying the 4 million dollar home...
Very disappointed that the Crumpler bag had to go back; loved everything about it.....except the "lint" :grumpy:

Anybody else have a similar experience with lint? I was considering one of these bags...

I have Lowepro Mini Trekker AW, Crumpler Whickey & Cox, Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home (without lint problem). I like them all and I want more bags, Brown Billingham and Black Domke are nice.

I called it "lint" because I'm not sure what else to call it.
It was not white, but silver little tiny fibers all over the camera when I took it out of the bag. And I mean all over, the screen, the lens, then body etc... I had black pants on and could see some on my pants as well, from where the camera was resting.
If your going to buy one then I suggest taking your camera with you to see if you have a similar problem.
It could have just been that bag.....you never know. I'm also very observant and picky about little things like that. I did have to clean the camera off after using the bag just once! So based on my experience I would not recommend the 4 million dollar one.

Adorama....great site but don't think they ship to Canada :(

I've bought several times from them... they ship to Canada. Make arrangements to NOT use UPS... unless you want to pay extra for bogus brokerage fees. Also depending on the article, sometimes they charge very high for shipping.

Check out both BEFORE making any purchases.

Crumpler bags are good. I have the 7 million dollar one.

something about the name "crumpler" just makes me think bad things about what'll happen to my camera if i put it in there... :lol:

is there anything special about that 7 million dollar home bag that makes it worth so much?
i got the Tamrac 5575 for right around the same price and it -looks- like it has more to offer. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...ail&A=showItemLargeImage&Q=&sku=363835&is=REG

i dont know much about crumplers though, other than they're good, and i'm not trying to talk them down or anything, and i'd probably reccomend something like that to you , Bea , becasue my bag, although its great and holds a lotta stuff, its probably overkill for what you need.

but please someone enlighten me as to why the crumpler "million dollar home " series would be worth as much as they cost vs. just a regular shoulder bag that someone would carry books and school stuff around in?

and why the heck is my bag so expensive too??:grumpy:

oh, also, Ben Berndt (thewavebb) has a bag fetish , so if he's ever on here, he could probably tell you quite a bit about what bag you'd want... ;-)

I found Crumpler expensive as well. The 4 million dollar home cost 70.00 in Canada. I bought a Lowepro for 45.00 that seemed more functional and had more room. Depends on your needs, mine are simple at the moment. But some of the larger bags were surprisingly expensive!!!!

CRUMPLER CRUMPLER CRUMPLER CRUMPLER......

I have two of their camera bags and a laptop bag... Fantasitc quality and look great...

I also like saying that word CRUMPLER CRUMPLER CRUMPLER!

I'd do a search on ebay as they are kinda expensive and you might get lucky on there!!

Bea, maybe not every Crumplers have that 'lint' problem, I'm not defending Crumpler, I don't see any point to do that, and I would have gone mad as well if I've had that issue. But, based on my experience I bought 2 and both were clean (inside and outside), well now both are a bit dirty outside. ;)

If you want a 'different-look' bag, you can consider a Crumpler. Great material, Soft padding, Strong strap (but too loud, I meant very LOUD strap), Nice design, Good protection. But, organizing my equipment in my Whickey & Cox Crumpler backpack is confusing sometimes, especially if I want to put a lot of big lenses inside. The turtle shape is nice-looking but makes the edges not suitable for big equipments. So the middle part is always taken by my 70-200VR. I prefer my Lowepro backpack for organizing (much better).

I don't need to say anything more about Lowepro & Tamrac, they are durable and proven as a good camera bag maker.

oh, also, Ben Berndt (thewavebb) has a bag fetish , so if he's ever on here, he could probably tell you quite a bit about what bag you'd want... ;-)

Haha...yeah I have a problem . I am uberben on here though :D

I love crumpler bags. I use a 7 million dollar home bag for my wedding bags and they are fantastic. Very comfy and look really low profile as far as camera bags go.

I have a couple backpacks, but I do like the tamrac expedition line up as one of the best bang for the buck.

Totally check out http://www.cambags.com/reviews/ for reviews and photos with people gear in a ton of different bags.

Most reactions

Back