Camera Bags

GreggS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.blue-line-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If anyone has good suggestions for a bag that meets these qualities...I'd love to hear it...

-Shoulder or 'backpack' style, no waist packs
-Can hold my body/lenses/flash (below in sig)
-Can hold additional accessories (remote, filters, etc.)
-Good for travel (i.e. good protection, easy to carry around)

I've gone through a few bags up to this point, and can't find something I really like. Currently am using the LowPro Flipside 300...and it's just not cutting it. Too hard to get in/out of quickly.

Tenba messenger bag. Has a zipper on top so it's super easy to get camera out. Can hold camera body, additional lenses and speed lights as well as accessories.

I like Crumpler bags. I have a customary barge deluxe, and it can fit:

* 5DMKI
* 5DMKII
* 35mm f/1.4L
* 50mm f/1.4
* 85mm f/1.4
* 28-135mm
* 430EXII (x2)
* Pixel King Wireless TTL Flash triggers
* 15" laptop
* 2 water bottles
* Various odds and ends

It's a very capable bag. It has very quiet velcro, as well as an elastic rain cover which REALLY CAME IN HANDY during the last wedding I shot. It's also quite stylish. Crumpler has a great design sense.

Crumpler | Backpacks, Camera Bags, Messenger Bags & Laptop Bags

GreggS said:
Great suggestions, everyone. I'm liking the style of both the crumplers and the tenbas especially.

Crumplers are the booooooooomb

I have this sling backpack for hiking Costco - Swiss Gear Digital Camera Travel Sling Bag it has a lot of great features but I like it most because it can fit my gripped T1i inside with the ef 75-300 attached and is convenient to put the camera in/take out and it can hold 3 other lenses easily (I would never pack it that heavy!) It comes with a rain cover which is a nice feature. It can hold a monopod on the side but if its too heavy it will sortof unbalance the bag.

My shoulder bag is a tamrac bag (30 million EOS edition) again it can fit my gripped t1i with the 75-300 mounted and I can easily fit another three lenses in there if I want. It also has side pockets where I keep cards, remote trigger, manual, lens hood, filter, extra batteries or whatever I need for the day. I usually close just one of the quick buckles when I have the camera inside, it's very quick to open.

Both were very affordable (under 40$)(sling i got on sale, bag i got used) and satisfy all my needs so far, and are very compact.

Last edited:

* 5DMKI
* 5DMKII
* 35mm f/1.4L
* 50mm f/1.4
* 85mm f/1.4
* 28-135mm
* 430EXII (x2)
* 15" laptop
* 2 water bottles
* Various odds and ends

It's a very capable bag. It has very quiet velcro, as well as an elastic rain cover which REALLY CAME IN HANDY during the last wedding I shot. It's also quite stylish. Crumpler has a great design sense.

I love my Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Bag, but obviously upgrading equipment means something bigger is needed. I was curious though, are you able to lash a tripod onto the Barge?

Tenba messenger bag. Has a zipper on top so it's super easy to get camera out. Can hold camera body, additional lenses and speed lights as well as accessories.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Glad I took her same advice, my Tenba has been used and abused and still my favorite bag
bigthumb.gif

* 5DMKI
* 5DMKII
* 35mm f/1.4L
* 50mm f/1.4
* 85mm f/1.4
* 28-135mm
* 430EXII (x2)
* 15" laptop
* 2 water bottles
* Various odds and ends

I love my Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Bag, but obviously upgrading equipment means something bigger is needed. I was curious though, are you able to lash a tripod onto the Barge?

Yes, you sure are. I actually just found this out quite recently. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ched-my-crumpler-bag-but-i-cant-tell-wtf.html

* 5DMKI
* 5DMKII
* 35mm f/1.4L
* 50mm f/1.4
* 85mm f/1.4
* 28-135mm
* 430EXII (x2)
* 15" laptop
* 2 water bottles
* Various odds and ends

Yes, you sure are. I actually just found this out quite recently. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ched-my-crumpler-bag-but-i-cant-tell-wtf.html

Thanks. I saw that on the product page, they showed equipment that can be stored but didn't show how. That thing looked like ti might be it but i just wanted to make sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back