camera filters

bwotring85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im still waiting for my 350d to show up. I downloaded the manual have read it about 4 times. Was won dering how well the filters in camera would work i l know u can adjust the contrast to adjust there affect and its limited amount of them. Or just be better off to buy filter set not waste time with ones in camera.

You'd be better off doing the adjustments in post. You'lll have far more control.

Yeah, best to stay away from any effects of 'post' production at the point of shooting. Always use software to edit rather than doing it in the camera. Much more control, and you can always change it back if you don't like it. Shooting in RAW will help to no end if your not already.

Editing done in the camera is also done with software, and the user has some control, but it's crude.

Some filter effects cannot be duplicated post process, like the effect a circular polairizing (CPL) filter provides, and the effect a neutral density filter has allowing the camera to be set to a slower than normal shutter speed.

I try and keep things pretty neutral in-camera and do any processing outside ... you have more flexibilty and more processing power.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back