Camera Pros, I need your help ;-)

The price of a camera body has nothing to do with the quality of the pictures taken with it.

craig said:
Playing devil's advocate...I can not be sure that Minolta makes good cameras. Tamaron makes worthless glass.

Every company makes cheap glass, and just abut every company makes good glass. Tamron and Sigma both make some really nice lenses, even if they are cheaper than their Nikon and Canon equivalents.

this thread is really helpful guys...

I guess I was only worried that I wouldn't be able to make a return on my investment. You see , I only payed about $60 usd for the camera and lens. (don't think it was hot, just the guy knew less about cameras than I do).

but what I am learning now is, it's not about the $$$ you invest in photo equipment. I remember back in 1986 we as a family went to Florida, and my mom took about 1000 pictures with this old Olypus camera... Still to this day, I can argue that that crappy camera she had took the best pictures...

So I guess cameras are like sneakers? You can have a expensive Nikon camera, but it necessarly won't take pictures better than the average blokes camera. Just like the kid down the block wearing top of the line Nike runners won't out perform my $15 walmart sneakers......

Most reactions

Back