Camera protection from overspray

oved

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Next week, I will be shooting some pictures (and hopefully some video) of crews spraying foam insulation in a home under construction. Overspray from the foam gets airborne, and does not come off of anything it lands on.:grumpy:

How can I protect my precious (camera) body and lenses?

I'll have UV filters on the lenses to protect the glass, but other than that, what are my options?

Thank you!

Yeah, that would be one of the rare times I would slap a UV filter on.

Everything else?

The most practical thing I can think of is to wrap the body in plastic. You would have to leave some parts exposed (zoom/focus rings)... Either that, or spray the whole thing down with Pam - LOL!

You may just have to cover up what you can, and just risk everything else getting a little dusting...

tricky. if you used somekind of housing (like divers use) ..as soon as it gets a coating/splashed on the business-end, it's ruined. maybe experiment with the thinnest, cook's cellophane wrap you can find (?) would need to be something disposable/replaceable therefore reasonably inexpensive.

Buy two cheap uv filters. knock the glass out of one so you have the ring, then cover your camera in a big ziplock, then screw on the good uv filter the best you can. Take the camera out of the bag with the uv filter rings still attached to the bag, and cut out the plastic inside, then put it back into the bag with the uv ring screwed on.

Maybe?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back