Camera Raw 5.5

lol where to find adobe camera raw ?

It should be noted that this is not the final release version of ACR v5.5. It is, instead, the release candidate. It possibly the same as what the final release is, but the final release might have a minor tweak or two.

I would not recommend that anyone upgrade to the v5.5 RC unless they are using one of the camera models for which support was added. If you aren't already using one of these then wait until the final version is released. The lastest formally released version of ACR is v5.4. The only other change in v5.5 involves some models with odd, unevel green levels in the Bayer mosaic. Users of these cameras, I don't know which they are, might consider experimenting with v5.5 RC.

I just spent the last hour and a half trying to get this to work for my Canon T1i (it's on the list) images. It doesn't work!! I spent the $70 specifically so I could use it foe processing raw files.

I followed the directions very carefully. When it didn't work I tried to contact support for help but you have to pay extra if you want that kind of help. I'm very disappointed with Adobe right now.

Any suggestions?

...I spent the $70 specifically so I could use it foe processing raw files...

What $70? There is no charge from Adobe for the Camera RAW updates. ACR is a plugin specifically for Photoshop CS4 (not earlier versions) and Photoshop Elements v6 and newer.

The original post, as I noted in my first reply, was to a "release candidate" (RC) version of ACR 5.5. This was not the final released version and as such is not supported by Adobe's tech support. Beta and RC should NOT be used by those who need help and support using or installing them. Wait for the final release version.

BTW, Adobe has released a final version of ACR v5.5 and the link in the original post is no longer valid. The link to use now is Adobe - Adobe Photoshop CS4: Digital camera raw file support . It should be noted that there seems to be a very serious bug in this release specific to PowerPC based Macs. I've not seen any reports of the bug being present when running on Intel/Mac or in the Windows version. The word on the Web is that if you are using a PPC Mac and need v5.5 to support a new camera that you should download the DNG Converter v5.5 instead and use it to convert you RAW files to DNG for use with an earlier version of ACR.

...I spent the $70 specifically so I could use it foe processing raw files...

What $70? There is no charge from Adobe for the Camera RAW updates. ACR is a plugin specifically for Photoshop CS4 (not earlier versions) and Photoshop Elements v6 and newer.

The original post, as I noted in my first reply, was to a "release candidate" (RC) version of ACR 5.5. This was not the final released version and as such is not supported by Adobe's tech support. Beta and RC should NOT be used by those who need help and support using or installing them. Wait for the final release version.

BTW, Adobe has released a final version of ACR v5.5 and the link in the original post is no longer valid. The link to use now is Adobe - Adobe Photoshop CS4: Digital camera raw file support . It should be noted that there seems to be a very serious bug in this release specific to PowerPC based Macs. I've not seen any reports of the bug being present when running on Intel/Mac or in the Windows version. The word on the Web is that if you are using a PPC Mac and need v5.5 to support a new camera that you should download the DNG Converter v5.5 instead and use it to convert you RAW files to DNG for use with an earlier version of ACR.
I meant the $70 I spent on the program. I did manage to get the plugin to work (no thanks to Adobe customer support). My only remaining issue is that when you click open there are no thumbnail views of the Raw files. Is there a way to view thumbnails of these files?

...My only remaining issue is that when you click open there are no thumbnail views of the Raw files. Is there a way to view thumbnails of these files?

Normal file dialogs are provided by the operating system. They don't belong to the application. Hence, the ability to show thumbnails in the file list is the responsibility of the OS. What OS are you using?

if elements has a file browser then you use that to view raw thumbs, at least in the full PS versions it does. H

Most reactions

Back