Camera Settings Using Off Camera Flash

No flash is crappy if you know how to use it. Sounds like you're just upset that your "idea" wont work. F/22 combined with my sync speed of 1/200 of a second would be able to give me depth of focus and help overpower the ambient, but at F/22 it would drop my flash power so low that it would barely register, I would need way more than full power and besides even if it did work with full power, I would eat up batteries and have terrible recycle times. I'm not even sure if an Alienbee could pull of F/22 much less my "crappy" Nikon flash, for that matter I doubt your cannon flash can either.

In fact I'm not selling them at all. I'm doing free promotional band photography to help them out and help myself build a portfolio.
Model Release Primer

Anyone wanting to publish those images, sold or not, will want a legally executed model release for their legal protection.

You need to know: the, 'I'll give it all away for free to get started' business model rarely works.

No flash is crappy if you know how to use it. Sounds like you're just upset that your "idea" wont work. F/22 combined with my sync speed of 1/200 of a second would be able to give me depth of focus and help overpower the ambient, but at F/22 it would drop my flash power so low that it would barely register, I would need way more than full power and besides even if it did work with full power, I would eat up batteries and have terrible recycle times. I'm not even sure if an Alienbee could pull of F/22 much less my "crappy" Nikon flash, for that matter I doubt your cannon flash can either.

I not upset, i have made it work with a single person but it probably wasn't that bright

I'm just saying it would make lighting difficult. I think I could probably pull off this shot with an aperture of f/5 to f/8 or so.

I'm just saying it would make lighting difficult. I think I could probably pull off this shot with an aperture of f/5 to f/8 or so.

I look forward to seeing them, ive got a shoot with a 4 piece rock band soon but they want it in a studio :(

help myself build a portfolio.

That's why. You are going to be displaying to the public pictures of a band. You want to protect yourself. Besides, you would be foolish not to do this. If in 2 years this band makes it big and someone offers you $10,000 for the photos, you could not.

Don't be foolish, it is EASY to get signatures on a model release.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back