Camera shopping in Tokyo??

Hamiltonian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi:
I am US based, brand new to this forum and will be traveling to Tokyo in October. Does it make any sense price wise to buy cameras in Tokyo. I own a Nikon N70 with a number of Nikor lenses. I have been to the Tokyo airport many times, but never inside the country. I do know that the Fuji film at the airport is priced very high.
Somewhere I read that used cameras are cheap in Japan. Let me know what you know and if you have any stores to recommend.
Thanks

I just read an article in shutterbug about the camera shops in Tokyo. They were very expensive compared to the going price for just about everything.

I was in Tokyo about 10 years ago and went to the big electronics district. I think it's called "akiabara" (sp?) or something very close to that. The main train around the city goes right to it.

Anyway, I found the prices to be pretty high compared to those in the states. As others have indicated that is probably still true.

It is a cool place to go anyway as you will see stuff you'll never see in the states or at least not for a couple of years.

Most reactions

Back