Camera Straps what do you like?

charchri4

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
jimsmiata.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've toted my bridge camera many a miles with this cheesy no cost set up (from the it pays to be a pack rat pile) and it works great.
zyadk4.jpg

When my hands are free I usually keep my hand on the camera as it rides along on my hip.
jinnsm.jpg

The the beener is big enough it just slides up the strap to shoot.
33axg5f.jpg

Eazy pezy and I've never had the bridge come loose or drop but for some reason the big boy camera feels a bit unsecure just riding on that bit of 1/4 - 20 thread. So what do you guys think of this set up and what do you like for straps?

Last edited:
Just develop the habit of checking the tightness of the eyebolt on a regular basis. I see you put a jamb nut on there, so I think it will stay tight, but just check it every time you think about it. I've sometimes put a lock washer under the jamb nut. Couldn't hurt.

I've liked the OpTech neck straps because of their clips that let you take off the bulk of the body of the strap and yet clip the ends together left on the body so that they don't flap around as much. The result is a neat neck strap that comes off in a second when you don't need it.

That said having seen the Black Rapid strap in operation and with a few heavier lenses I'm giving serious thought to getting one (or one like it)

I used to use the Black Rapid straps. I've switched to the Luma Cinch however. It's a much better strap. The ability to cinch the strap tight when you walking so you camera isn't swinging around is well worth the cost, and it's more comfortable to boot.

Just develop the habit of checking the tightness of the eyebolt on a regular basis. I see you put a jamb nut on there, so I think it will stay tight, but just check it every time you think about it. I've sometimes put a lock washer under the jamb nut. Couldn't hurt.
A rubber washer works well and doesn't damage the finish. That's what Black Rapid uses.

Side Note: I've been using a Black Rapid single (RS-1 I think) for about 4 years and a double (DR-2 I think) for about a year. On ONE (and ONLY one instance) I had it unscrew. I've always had the habit of keeping my right hand around the lens the majority of the time, and when it unscrewed and fell I caught it. I suspect that I just didn't get the screw tight since I've probably used them a couple of hundred times with no problems. Since then I have ALWAYS insured that the screw is tight and tend to check it from time to time. I've never found it loose again, I've never had a problem again, so I'm pretty sure the fault was mine.

Put a little bit of spit on the rubber gasket before you screw it down and it'll never come loose. ;)

I am loving this one......

http://www.amazon.com/WorthTrust-Qu...1_1_22?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1444505561&sr=1-22 !!

I found it recommended on an old thread here. A great strap for under $8! I'm so glad I didn't fall for the whole $70 camera strap hustle!!

Hey that is exactly what I have been thinking about with mine! I don't like unthreading it for a monopod so I was thinking of welding a 1/4-20 nut on a plate so it would sit far enough ahead of the eyebolt to work on the pod. Thanks for posting that!!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If I were a drinker, I'd start a drinking game here at TPF. When you see a thread title like this, pull out your bottle and get ready. Every time in the thread that somebody sings out, "Black Rapid", take a shot. :)

Seriously though, I have Black Rapid straps (single and double), and a few others. From my point of view, the best value for the money is the one mentioned above, the WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap at the Amazon link for about $8, which I also have, and tend to use.

Oh, and by the way, that was 2 more shots, for you folks playing at home. ;)

Last edited:
So it looks like the bottom line here is a lot of folks hang their cameras on the little 1/4 -20 thread socket and it seems to work OK.

Life is like photography... FOCUS on what's important, CAPTURE the good times, DEVELOP from the negatives, and if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!!! Keep in mind however that society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people. <--(note to self)

That is really good Buckster!

Life is like photography... FOCUS on what's important, CAPTURE the good times, DEVELOP from the negatives, and if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!!! Keep in mind however that society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people. <--(note to self)

That is really good Buckster!
I can't take credit for it. I saw it somewhere and totally plagiarized it! :allteeth:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back