Camera Suggestions

The snobbishness in this thread amuses me. "If you don't know enough about cameras to decide on what you need and your budget is <$2000, you don't know enough to go into the photography business."

Well, you don't say!

Actually, if she has or can get customers who will pay, then, she probably knows more than needed (and more than some of you) to go into the business.

The "business" entails a lot more than knowing what equipment is required. Actually, it's more about knowing and admitting what you don't know and being humble and wise enough to ask for advice.

Caruso

It wasn't snobbery.
It was a mixture of irritation and amazement. Irritation that someone, while making their first post, ignored all the resources and threads already written about this topic and assumed that this forum would act in loco parentis and spoon-fead him/her the information. Amazement that anyone would think that all there is to be being a photographer and having a business is to get a better camera.

What you left out of your requirements for a business is being able to shoulder the responsibility for giving good worthwhile results for what you charge, being responsible for preserving the memories that people ask you to capture.

There is no dilution effect from having questions asked more than once.

Caruso

You clearly don't know squat about this subject. When you get lots of people asking the same questions over and over and not using the resources to actually read something before asking, there are several
effects:

1) the more knowledgeable people get burnt out and stop answering thus the answers the newbies do get are less true and in-complete.

2) newbies are habituated to ask rather than try and find out for themselves by actually reading resources, thus you get people with 1 or 2 hundred posts still not knowing the meaning or application of primary photo principles like DOF, aperture etc. If part of the goal is to educate, then we should be teaching people how to learn rather than telling them the same things over and over.

3) the forum attracts lower level photographers who see this as more comfortable place while more experienced photographers post less and look for places to post photos where they actually feel in more-like company.

Oh, and tell me why, if the resources are not intended to be read, why are they preserved? Why doesn't every post just 'go away' into bit heaven in a week or so?

If, however, you feel that all of these posts should be answered, just jump right in and answer them.

Well I have had a Nikon D80 and was happy with it but I just got a Nikon D200 and I love it, Imainly shoot inside or of graveyards so ya their are some options

Most reactions

New Topics

Back