Camera Upgrade, Need Advice!

Narodenia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, I currently own a Canon EOS T3i. My friend would like to buy my camera off of me. If I do sell my camera to her what should I upgrade to? T4i, T5i, 60D, etc., I would like to stay in the Canon family though since I already have a few lenses. Would it be worth paying 200 dollars or so to upgrade to the T4i or 60D or should I just keep my T3i? Thank you for your advice!

Don't bother to upgrade the T3i to either the T4i, T5i or 60D, all pretty close to the T3i performance since they all use same sensor and all fairly modern with only few differences between each other.
Want a real upgrade ?
Go with the 6D, fantastic camera!!! but its expensive and you will need to get FF lenses to match the body.
Canon is rumored to have the 70D (replacement of the 60D) coming out soon but when exactly is anyone's guess.
So my advise is either get the 6D or keep the T3i for now and wait for the replacement of the 60D

Don't bother to upgrade the T3i to either the T4i, T5i or 60D, all pretty close to the T3i performance since they all use same sensor and all fairly modern with only few differences between each other.
Want a real upgrade ?
Go with the 6D, fantastic camera!!! but its expensive and you will need to get FF lenses to match the body.
Canon is rumored to have the 70D (replacement of the 60D) coming out soon but when exactly is anyone's guess.
So my advise is either get the 6D or keep the T3i for now and wait for the replacement of the 60D
Thank you for your advice. I'd love some others input!

The logical upgrade from a T3i would be to a 60D or 7D. BUT... the rumor mills know that both of these cameras are about to be rev'd to new models soon... almost certainly this year. A 70D is expected to be close to release and a 7D mk II is expected by the end of the year.

So while you could buy a 60D or 7D (and you can get pretty good deals on both of these right now) if you want a newer generation technology, then I'd wait a while.

You can watch CanonRumors.com if you want to get go nuts trying to figure out if/when they're going to release something.

The logical upgrade from a T3i would be to a 60D or 7D. BUT... the rumor mills know that both of these cameras are about to be rev'd to new models soon... almost certainly this year. A 70D is expected to be close to release and a 7D mk II is expected by the end of the year.

So while you could buy a 60D or 7D (and you can get pretty good deals on both of these right now) if you want a newer generation technology, then I'd wait a while.

You can watch CanonRumors.com if you want to get go nuts trying to figure out if/when they're going to release something.
Do you know how much the 70D would be? Because right now i can get a 60D for about 660 dollars.

Here is a comparison of the T3i (600D) and T5i (700D).
Maybe you will find this helpful and if not its still fun to see.

DigitalRev TV - YouTube

What is it about your camera that you feel limits you in what you want to photograph?

Until you can answer that don't worry about upgrading.

It me it sounds like your friend is trying to talk you into "upgrading" just so they can get a cheaper camera.

What is it about your camera that you feel limits you in what you want to photograph?

It me it sounds like your friend is trying to talk you into "upgrading" just so they can get a cheaper camera.
Nah, they didnt talk me into upgrading. Just suggested that I could if i did sell it to them. It doesn't limit me, but theres no harm in looking into my options. Who doesnt want something better.

Here is a comparison of the T3i (600D) and T5i (700D).
Maybe you will find this helpful and if not its still fun to see.

DigitalRev TV - YouTube
I've already compared all of thee above.... it doesnt really tell me much though. Its hard to read through the differences on their specs.

Those options are not consider as upgrade, upgrade would be at least 7D, 6D or 5D models. If you're not ready for the upgrade just hold on to your T3i it's good enough in that range. I just upgraded mine from a T1i, still love my T1i.

Those options are not consider as upgrade, upgrade would be at least 7D, 6D or 5D models. If you're not ready for the upgrade just hold on to your T3i it's good enough in that range. I just upgraded mine from a T1i, still love my T1i.
Well you see it might not be a huge jump but its really the only time i could since I will be selling it to my friend for close to the new price point, since it is fairly newly bought. Sure I could keep using my T3i but then if I wanted to upgrade to something much better I would be dishing out another 1000 dollars instead of 200 or so for an upgrade.

Nah, they didnt talk me into upgrading. Just suggested that I could if i did sell it to them. It doesn't limit me, but theres no harm in looking into my options. Who doesnt want something better.

That's the thing none of those cameras are really any better.

If your going to upgrade at least go full frame.

I'm still really undecided.....

T4i
- Is it worth an extra 100 dollars to upgrade to it
- It is a newer model and has a touch screen... not sure if the other differences are worth it

60D
- People have been suggesting i upgrade to this instead of the T4i
- It would be an extra 200 dollars
- Its kinda outdated and the 70D is coming out

I would really love to get the 70D when it comes out but wont be able to afford it either way...

OH SO HARD OF A CHOICE.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back