Can a Nick be repaired?

TammyCampbell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or would I be better off just replacing it? It only really shows up when I reverse mount the lens but otherwise it doesn't show up on the photo.. Maybe I'm answering my own question here ..just keep using it as a reagular lens and reverse mount using a different lens then? You see it in the thimble picture screwed right? It doesn't show up on wide angle .. Pictures are not retouched.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 198
Probably can't be fixed.

I'm guessing it's the front element of the lens.

Probably can't be fixed.

Im sure it can be fixed by replacing that element of the lens. The question that should be asked is "Is it worth fixing?"

The OP did not tell us what model lens has the issue so it's impossible to say weather or not it's worth fixing.

Looks like it could be cloned out it most cases in post without too much hassle. Just as another option.

Yeah, seems like a couple of clicks with the clone tool would work in a good many situations. As you've found out, defects on the rear element of a lens actually show up in the photos made with that lens, while stuff on the front element is basically, pretty much invisible.

Yup I though so... Ohhh well....dang it . It's my newest lens.On the scale of things it's a relatively cheap lens. The repair would be as much as replacing it, paid 150.00 on EBay Dx Afs Vr Nikkor 18-105 mm . Just aggravating

Most reactions

New Topics

Back