What's new

Can a Phone make a good enough general camera

According to one article I saw couple years ago, the low end P&S market is shrinking. And that is the result of camera phone.


Of course, camera phone has limitations, and if a person can work around those limitations, decent result can be obtained.
 
As some others have pointed out, you've got to decide what's good enough for you. Having said that, I enjoy taking pictures with my 3G at times and I'm really happy with some of the pictures I've gotten from it. It's just fun to have with me, and it's better to capture something at 1.3 MP than not capture it at all. I don't think I'd ever leave the other cameras at home on a vacation and just take the cell phone though.

The new iphone coming out this summer has a 5 MP camera, and should be significantly better than what you have on your 3G. Another advantage of using your iphone is the free photoshop mobile app. The Sprint Evo 4G has a 8 MP camera, but other than that I don't know much about it.

Eventually I assume the answer to your question will be "yes" for most people, I just don't think it's there just yet, but that's an individual call.
 
The camera on the new iPhone 4 looks spectacular, at least from the test images I've seen online.

I'll take some pictures with it when it arrives and you can be the judge ;P
 
Good enough for shooting family snaps and vacation photos purely as memories? Probably.

Good enough for shooting a wedding? Not even maybe.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom