Can anyone please help me out with HSS? Beyond frustrated.

quinton77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I use the Nikon D7200 and recently purchased the Flashpoint Evolv 200 with the Flashpoint R2 Pro N TTL transmitter. I watched a few videos on YouTube where they use high speed sync for their off camera lighting and was trying to do the same. My problem is I’m restricted to 1/320 shutter speed and can’t even change it to anything above that. If I try to go to say 1250 shutter it just doesn’t work. If any of you have used a setup for OCF HSS and can use any shutter speed you want please tell me what you’re using and how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m getting frustrated as hell.

Thank you!

Are you in 'Auto/Program'? Ensure you're in Manual, or Shutter Priority; you should be able to set whatever you want. Whether the trigger and lights support full Nikon HSS is another matter.

There is also a setting in the menu, Auto FP, select the highest setting (auto fp 1/320 ?) and it should work at any speed, at least it does with Nikon hss enabled flash's.

With the trigger mounted to your camera and turned on press the SYNC button and you should see the HSS icon in the top right of the trigger display. This now communicates with your camera to let the shutter go beyond the AutoFP sync speed set in the camera menu. You can now choose any shutter speed you want. Bearing in mind that HSS is less powerful than manual due to the multiple strobes during the shutter curtain movement.

FP_R2Pro-HSS.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back