Can i get some feedback on my photostream?

I'm afraid I will not be a great help. Anyway, here it goes:

Where you can improve those photos, in my opinion:

#1 - Background it's a bit disturbing. You used 2.5 but maybe a still higher aperture could help;
#2 - Nice composition. A flash fill and less contrast. Light from the right is a bit hard;
#3 - The same as #1 plus avoiding to crop the guy's arm;
#4 - Some lack of subject, but I like it;
#5 - Crop 2 cm on the left and 1/2 cm bellow. Level the horizon and, if you can try to reduce shadows.

Reduce noise in all of them, unless you wanted it.

Thank you for sharing.

#1 - Background it's a bit disturbing. You used 2.5 but maybe a still higher aperture could help;
What is a 'higher aperture"? Do you mean a smaller aperture or a bigger aperture?
F/2 is a bigger (higher?) number than f/8 is, because they are fractions.

As close as the guys in #1 are to the background, using a wider aperture (shallower DoF) won't make the background much, if any more out of focus. Using a smaller aperture (deeper DoF) will make the background more in focus.

#1, I feel the focal point is to low which puts the people a hair bit out of focus. if the turn table was meant to be your main focus then I think you should have gotten in closer or cropped the photo. I think the area to the left of the table isnt needed and a waste of space.

#1: I too feel the back ground is dominating and distracting...and you should have waited for another instance when faces of both gentlemen were more available to view ...
#2: This is really awesome
#3:I would like this if you caption it "Curious", because a caption can totally change how a person look into an image ;) (without that caption, i would complain missing his face)
#4; Most would complain about its lacking a POI; me too.... (Yes, what is in the image is well captured; i am complaining what is not there)
#5:I liked the story ; yet i feel things are too centered

All the Best

Regards :D

What is a 'higher aperture"? Do you mean a smaller aperture or a bigger aperture?
F/2 is a bigger (higher?) number than f/8 is, because they are fractions.

As close as the guys in #1 are to the background, using a wider aperture (shallower DoF) won't make the background much, if any more out of focus. Using a smaller aperture (deeper DoF) will make the background more in focus.

I mean a bigger aperture, naturally.

He shot using 50 mm, 2.5 aperture and, let's say, about 2 m far from the guys. He had a focus zone between 1.92 and 2.08 m i.e. a 15.7cm DOF.
Using 1.2 he would have 1.97-2.04 and a 7 cm DOF. That would make the difference. It depends on which lenses he owns.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back