can i get some help please?

The first thing you should do is stop down your lens. Use a small aperture(big number) like f/22 and then a low ISO like 100. This should give you a nice long shutter speed so you can get the trails as the cars go by. GL
TJ

The first thing you should do is stop down your lens. Use a small aperture(big number) like f/22 and then a low ISO like 100. This should give you a nice long shutter speed so you can get the trails as the cars go by. GL
TJ

Couldn't you also just go to shutter priority and slow it down?

You could, by TJ is terrified of his stalker and forgot to mention that. :D
It would be better to use a tripod and either timer/remote/cable release to minimize the camera shake.
Good Luck :)

It would be better to use a tripod and either timer/remote/cable release to minimize the camera shake.

It wasn't me that was asking, to be honest I knew I was right. I put it in question form to just "add" to what he was saying. Not really asking a question. But anyway OP just play around with the setting we have been talking about and see what you get as results and go from there.

Quote: Originally Posted by IgsEMT
Quote:

It wasn't me that was asking, to be honest I knew I was right. I put it in question form to just "add" to what he was saying. Not really asking a question. But anyway OP just play around with the setting we have been talking about and see what you get as results and go from there.
its ok, TJ still is living in shaddows, his hacker is watching him :D

If you do not have a remote you can try putting the camera in Timer also you will need a really sturdy tripod to avoid that the win or other elements affect the photo

yes, i just got a message from someone giving me a heads up of posting a photo that isnt mine. im new to photography forums and didnt realize the rules of posting someones picture without givin credit. llet me update it real quick.

also thanks for the response everybody. do any of you have a d70 and could give me the best possible settings for this. im currently reading a few photography books and learning as much as i can but this in a whole is pretty exciting to me and im trying to soak in as much as i can.

thanks.

EDIT: also, i have the option for the following shutter speeds.1/60, 1/30, 1/15, 1/8, 1/2, 1", 2", 4", 8",15" and 30". is this where i should be looking?

Last edited:
I do not think there is a best possible settings. It varies from different light conditions.

regardless of which camera you're using, exposure is exposure, color is color.

Depends on your flavor, I'd drop white balance to about 3000K, 1sec, f/16, iso 200. It would be my starting point. On a tripod! :)
Then I'd play around and see what else I can get.
Reason for low WB Temp is I don't really like my images to be jaundice :)

I need a shooting buddy. Someone to learn from. Who lives near Hartford ct:lmao:

.......if posting somebody else's photo, make sure you link to it or give them credit.
Giving them credit doesn't make it permissible to use an image without the copyright owners expressed written permission.

TPF policy, found here, makes no allowance for crediting the copyright owner of an image.

If it isn't yours, leave it where it is and link to it. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back