Can I graduate?

Its all well exposed, sharp and nice subjects but I think you lack a spark, maybe its the composition but for me most of your photographs don't leap of the page. But its good stuff, don't be down hearted you've got some great photos.

not at all, I welcome the criticism! Totally ameteur with respect to processing and honestly, with using a camera for more than snapshots. I've had a DSLR for 7 months, so I am flattered, thank you!

Any suggestions to get a bit of 'pop' out of them?

Any suggestions to get a bit of 'pop' out of them?

Well for 7 months your skills are great, not a single badly focused or poorly exposed photograph, it took me ages much longer than 7 months to recognize what was good exposure and what was bad.

Looking at composition things like rule of thirds, the spiral, vanishing point and all that mubo jumbo. There have been loads of books written on it, I'm sure someone below will suggest one! I personally used a Photography text book I was given by a teacher when I was at school, I learnt a-lot.

Your clearly love your travel photography, look at some work of some travel photographers, see what makes there photos pop and try and mimic it in your work.

Thank you. I've always had a camera, just not a DSLR. I have a pretty good art education, just haven't done anything with it :)

Anyone else?

Most reactions

Back