Can I just say a BIG THANK YOU

Thank you all once again for your votes of confidence on Corry's and my work as moderators on these forums.

And Skieur ... little do I know, too, about what is happening "behind closed doors" here. Chase might even no longer be the owner of the whole site, for all I know ... :scratch: I wasn't told anything nor was I given any other explanation but "re-organisation" as the reason for why I had to be de-mod-ed (and I'm sure Corry had that self-same e-mail in her account, too, and no more).

methinks we need 2 - just in case the first fails!

but we do have a mystery on our hands......

psssst Alex - you need Green ;)

Just noticed this!

Thank you to both of you for a great job as Mods. You will be missed and you have made this place enjoyable! Great work!!

I'll certainly miss you guys. Thanks for your efforts.

(side note, anyone else amused by the fact that the 'Site Moderator' title is misspelled?)

We could always jump ship and head to photo.net... (I wonder how long it will take a moderator to edit that out...)

I'll certainly miss you guys. Thanks for your efforts.

(side note, anyone else amused by the fact that the 'Site Moderator' title is misspelled?)

it was only misspelled in my title, on purpose! But apparently some remaining mod censored that and reset me to TPF junkie! ... oh humour, where art thou gone ... :(

hehe be glad one forum I am on carries the death penalty for such an act!
but your not even a junkie anymore - just another noob

Thanks Andy for this thread, thank you, all others, for expressing your trust in us, even though Corry and I were "made redundant". All I know is that the forum is undergoing a re-structurisation and a re-organisation. I was told as much by Chase in his explanatory e-mail to me about why my status has suddenly changed. But that's all I know. So --- sorry, I can't tell you more. I may have misbehaved or done too little as mod on this forum or whatever ... I wasn't told.

But, as you can all see, I do stick around and don't mean to disappear!!!
Unfortunately, I haven't seen Corry since... :(

You're good with me Corinna. If you ever feel the need to tell someone to grow up and behave, I'm here for you!

And thank you.

Flipsy is very sad to hear about these developments :grumpy:

Corrina

You´ve been an inspiration to newcomers, and a tower of strength to the rest of us here. Motivator and diplomat extraordinaire! Without your presence, I probably would not have stayed after seeing the immature egotistical behaviour of some of the other mods here.

It is incomprehensible that you should no longer have a moderator´s role. This site will most definitely be the poorer for this, although it is admirable that you will continue as a member.

To the management: I am shocked to hear how this change was managed...clearly those who run this site will have to review not only their questionable judgement abilities, but also the lack of management class. How is it that no comment about this has been forthcoming? This is also very curious, and disappointing.

May the focus be with you
Dean

:peace:

Last edited:
I wanted to take a moment to make something clear...

Corinna still has an important role on TPF and still has the same abilities to manage posts (move, delete, modify) as she always has. She has consistently done more of this than anyone, does a phenomenal job at it, and I hope will continue to do so. Although her "title" is no longer a moderator, what she contributes to the site, both as a member and as someone that helps maintain posts and helps members, continues and I hope will continue for years to come.

I wanted to take a moment to make something clear...

Corinna still has an important role on TPF and still has the same abilities to manage posts (move, delete, modify) as she always has. She has consistently done more of this than anyone, does a phenomenal job at it, and I hope will continue to do so. Although her "title" is no longer a moderator, what she contributes to the site, both as a member and as someone that helps maintain posts and helps members, continues and I hope will continue for years to come.

What happened to the rest of your post - the part in which you respond to at least some of the concerns expressed in this thread to show that you care, or pretend to care?

Best,
Helen

Guys id like to add something here... i or one of the other mods would have added something sooner to this thread but we were holding off to do a proper announcement in the announcement section. This will hopefully still happen, and things will be alot clearer when it does, but to put peoples mind at rest and to stop some of the wild theories here, i want to add a few facts.

Corinna is still part of the TPF staff and we all admire her work here and are thankful that she agreed to stay with the forum and help us grow. She no longer has the mod title... but titles are meaningless when it comes to what we can all offer and add to this online community.

As for TPF, it is going through some changes behind the scenes to do with its ownership. This is why things are being altered within the team. We are confident that this will not affect the overall feel of TPF, and the community spirit we have here. As a member, you will see no major differences.

Chase is having to deal with these changes too and as the founder of this forum its harder for him than for any of us.

I would ask please that this thread is returned to its original purpose and that is, to thank Corinna and Corry for the work they have put in to the forum to date. This should not be a witch hunt or anything of that sort. It is up to you as TPF members to make this forum what it is, and we hope that you continue to enjoy the forum and continue to build the friendships you've all formed.

:wink:

Most reactions

Back