Can I post a photo of another person?

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a photo of a girl (16) I wanted feedback on, kind of a senior picture style. I wanted to know if there was any sort of release form or anything like that I would need IF the photo isn't for commercial use (no money being made here!). I see lots of photos on here of random folks, but I didn't know if a release is technically needed, and if there is any difference when the child is underage.

If not, when DO you need a release form? I want to make sure and do this by the book, as I don't want to upset anyone and/or get myself in trouble.

Are you talking about a random person in the street, a professinal model or a friend?

If it's not for commercial use, you don't need a release form. (at least in the U.S.)

If it's not for commercial use, you don't need a release form. (at least in the U.S.)

Cool. I figured this to be the case cause there are a lot of photos of people on here, and I didn't figure all of them had releases.

Its a relative of a friend. I met her, her sister and her mother once, and her mom wanted me to take photos of her kids. I told her I had never taken photos of people but I would see what I could do. So I took some, burnt them onto a CD and let her have them. Looking back on them there are a few cut limbs, etc., but I wanted to get C&C.

I think I'll post. I won't put a name or anything, and for that matter I don't remember it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back