Can someone show me hot to fix a farmers tan?

I still think maternity shots are mostly gross, as I think is the case with this one.

I know people get all mushy and go "oh she's glowing". I call bull****. Pregnant women are ginormous, horribly uncomfortable, often have fat ankles from water gain, are pretty physically miserable, grouchy from hormones and lack of sleep, etc. It is about as inelegant as a woman can be.

Is pregnancy cool? Hell yes. Very neat. Most natural thing I've ever been a part of, and just really amazing. But it ain't pretty.

Well, at least you didn't do the stupid dorky shot with the hands in the form of a heart over the belly. That one makes me wanna hurl.

Ok, now I'll don my fire retardant suit. :)

I still think maternity shots are mostly gross, as I think is the case with this one.

I know people get all mushy and go "oh she's glowing". I call bull****. Pregnant women are ginormous, horribly uncomfortable, often have fat ankles from water gain, are pretty physically miserable, grouchy from hormones and lack of sleep, etc. It is about as inelegant as a woman can be.

Is pregnancy cool? Hell yes. Very neat. Most natural thing I've ever been a part of, and just really amazing. But it ain't pretty.

Well, at least you didn't do the stupid dorky shot with the hands in the form of a heart over the belly. That one makes me wanna hurl.

Ok, now I'll don my fire retardant suit. :)

I agree completely. Pregnancy is beautiful philosophically and biologically but not aesthetically at least to me anyway. Not saying that pregnant women are ugly, I just don't think they look good half dressed/naked. (Hides behind Manaheim's fire retardant suit)

Whew, I'm glad it's not just me. Scoot over... I hope your fire retardant suit is an XXXXL. :mrgreen:

I know it's the 'in thing' to do right now but I think that most of the photos I've seen are flat out tacky. Maybe it's just me but nothing about them looks natural or maternal. Perhaps in front of a window with a nice sheer curtain...dreamlike perhaps...thinking about the new baby that's coming. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to make a little more sense than open fields with your pants undone. :confused:

And asheeants*, I'm not necessarily knocking your photo. I know lots of moms are requesting them!

Yup, evidently we are not alone. :)

I did see one series of them where they omitted "mom without shirt" and it was just shots of the couple (NOT just the mom) being together and being happy while mom happened to be pregnant. The idea of the shots (to me) wasn't so much to focus on the pregnancy as to focus on their relationship as it was the time of them being pregnant. They were warm, emotional and even funny in a way. THOSE were amazing shots and I really connected with them, personally. I wish I had shots like those of my wife and I when she was pregnant with baby 1.

Or the toy blocks over the belly bump. Always struck me as incredibly cheesy, and in most cases, turns out tacky.

Twenty years ago when my ex was pregnant with our son, I don't think anybody was doing these shots. Sometimes the good ol' days really are better...

With my first - 26 years ago - I took a snapshot of my wife with a polaroid instamatic. We put a smiley face on her pregnant stomach with lipstick.
It was cute - but not for public consumption.

I think she threw up afterward.

so i say something and she gets all pissed, then 5 other people come out saying its gross, and she doesnt respond.

nice

so i say something and she gets all pissed, then 5 other people come out saying its gross, and she doesnt respond.

nice

She's probably just thinking "piss on you guys! I come in here looking for some simple advice/help with post edit and all you guys can do I make fun of my picture. In a way I can understand that, especially since she didn't ask for C&C. However, posting a pic on a forum like this means that you may get C&C whether you asked for it or not. :D

nice

You have a way with people, what can I say? :lol:
she called me a troll too.

successful-troll.jpg

nice

She's probably just thinking "piss on you guys! I come in here looking for some simple advice/help with post edit and all you guys can do I make fun of my picture. In a way I can understand that, especially since she didn't ask for C&C. However, posting a pic on a forum like this means that you may get C&C whether you asked for it or not. :D

And if you ask me, she has a right to be pissed. She asked for help for a problem and not a critique of the photo (see below) and certainly not your philosophy on maternity photos.

"Over the weekend I took some maternity photos for my best friend. She looked absolutely gorgeous, but in a few where we showed a lil more skin you can really see her farmers tan. Can anyone show me how to fix this? Feel free to edit yourself and explain. :) Thanks!"

Only about 3 of us provided any useful answer to her question, the rest of you went on a rant about how you hate maternity photos. I provided a suggestion as far as cropping goes, but it was entirely constructive, unlike so many of the snide and off topic answers which appeared here.

nice

And if you ask me, she has a right to be pissed. She asked for help for a problem and not a critique of the photo (see below) and certainly not your philosophy on maternity photos.

"Over the weekend I took some maternity photos for my best friend. She looked absolutely gorgeous, but in a few where we showed a lil more skin you can really see her farmers tan. Can anyone show me how to fix this? Feel free to edit yourself and explain. :) Thanks!"

Only about 3 of us provided any useful answer to her question, the rest of you went on a rant about how you hate maternity photos. I provided a suggestion as far as cropping goes, but it was entirely constructive, unlike so many of the snide and off topic answers which appeared here.
People obviously dont know what the internet is.

People obviously dont know what the internet is.

As in a place where people can hide behind the anonymity of the internet to act like juveniles and make statements they would not dare to make to a person face to face? You mean THAT INTERNET?

As in a place where people can hide behind the anonymity of the internet to act like juveniles and make statements they would not dare to make to a person face to face? You mean THAT INTERNET?
Well I might actually say some of this stuff to someone's face, but yes lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back