What's new

can u tell 1st time

wildrice

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you all think? I think the trees should have been lighter....

 
I think it's a nice capture. I'm not sure that the trees need to be lighter; having the foreground rendered as a silhouette in cases like this is perfectly acceptable. I would suggest though if you like shooting sunsets/rises you look into the purchase of some graduated neutral-density filters. That would have taken the image from good to really good. I might consider cropping out the partial tree image right.
 
thanks for the look, I will look in to the filters.
 
thanks for the look, I will look in to the filters.

Something to note, polarizing filters can be had cheap, but I think these are the one type of filter that you should NOT cheap out on. I did, and because of the poor quality, only used it once or twice, then spent the extra for a good one.
 
thanks for the look, I will look in to the filters.

Something to note, polarizing filters can be had cheap, but I think these are the one type of filter that you should NOT cheap out on. I did, and because of the poor quality, only used it once or twice, then spent the extra for a good one.

You can buy cheap versions of all types of filters, but you never should. Even the cheapest lens has tens, hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars in design behind it - there's NO point in putting a $10 piece of plastic in front of it and hoping for better images. Buy the best you can afford. Multi-coated Tiffen or Hoya, or, if your pockets are a little deeper, B+W, Heliopan, Singh-Ray or Lee - for G-NDs, Cokin is a decent, consumer grade of gel type.
 
I like it... But I see it as being slightly over exposed... What if you played with the levels a bit???

IMG_0065.JPG
 
Bus Rider, where did the dot come from?
 
:lol:
Mark I do like your edit and to Op its a overall nice shot.
 
Is it just my eyes or are you drawn to that point on the left where the fence curves?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom