Can Use some Help Quickly (filter)

jbylake

Dodging the Men in Black
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used to shoot B&W outdoor shotsk, on a stormy or cloudy day, with a red filter. Gave me great contrast. Now I need to shoot our showroom floor, in B&W, scan into digital and get a darker silloute of a man, standing in front of a lot of custom choppers/bikes. I intentionally want the man standing in front to be almost dark black (sillouette), with the bikes a lighter shade of grey. (this is actually for a website page), and perfection is not the goal here. Obviously, I am shooting film....

Anyway, any and all help, including film recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J.:mrgreen:

This is a lighting issue, not a filter issue.
You just need to light the bikes more than the person in front of them.
A couple of lights with tight grids right over the bikes would do it.

This is a lighting issue, not a filter issue.
You just need to light the bikes more than the person in front of them.
A couple of lights with tight grids right over the bikes would do it.
Buzzzzzzz!!!! Wrong answer...I finally remembered how I did it "back in the day" 100 ASA B&W, hold back on the flash a bit, and a Red #25 filter. Over expose, and there it was. Actually, I'll shoot this with Ilford 100 ASA, Red 25 filter, and photoshop.

Actually, I really appreciate your time answering the question, but I remember doing this when the only photoshop, was the base photo hobby shop, while I was in the service...:lol:

Thanks again,

J.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back