Can you scrub EXIF/metadata from a file

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Basically I want to enter a photo taken in December 2017 into a club competition in which only photos from 2018 are meant to be entered. I dont really give a damn about the rule nor do others but I would rather avoid some pedant pointing this out in the unlikely event that I was to win something. When you export from LR classic and untick the the metadata drop downs does that remove the everything or not.

:fangs:

When you export from LR classic and untick the the metadata drop downs does that remove the everything or not.

:fangs:
I would have thought it did but to be sure - export a file from Lightroom to you desktop and then look at the exported image to see if there is any Exif data there. You do not need us to tell you.

Most competitions that have restrictions like that actually state the EXIF must be intact. However there are packages that let you edit quite a bit of it so it's probably still not definite.

just make sure if you edit EXIF data that you don't use a date in the middle of summer, with a totally winter image; flower buds in the fall, or conflicting stuff like that.

Last edited:
Most competitions that have restrictions like that actually state the EXIF must be intact. However there are packages that let you edit quite a bit of it so it's probably still not definite.

Yes they do however some pictures in my club have been outed this year as taken in 2008 and others had no EXIF data at all but the key there was that the never came close to winning plus the owners where members of the high command so no bloodbaths ensued.

Is no one going to mention that this is cheating? Of course, we are in the post modern era where cheating is perfectly acceptable behavior.

Is it cheating if you don't get caught?

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

Is no one going to mention that this is cheating? Of course, we are in the post modern era where cheating is perfectly acceptable behavior.
I'm pretty sure the OP is totally aware of that ...

Basically I want to enter a photo taken in December 2017 into a club competition in which only photos from 2018 are meant to be entered. I dont really give a damn about the rule ......:fangs:

Even the ancient greeks cheated

Most reactions

New Topics

Back