Can You Tell Me What Causes This?

rtfm yoda.jpg

What exact camera, lens do you have as Panasonic makes a bunch of Lumix models?
The model DMC-ZS40. It is a point and shoot style camera. There are no "creative" filters offered with the camera, and so none were accidental chosen.
The DMC-ZS40 does have creative filters, as @astroNikon mentioned.

See manual here: ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dmc-zs40_en_adv_om.pdf
Doh! Right there on page 117.
+1 on Read, or re-read, The Furnished Manual

Other than the jabbering OP hasn't signed in since
Blackie1956 was last seen: Yesterday at 12:17 PM

I wonder if s/he figured it out?

The camera has some "creative" features, but they are not selected when I am in Intelligent Auto mode.

have you downloaded / read the manual yet on this situation ?

how to do various resets

Camera needs to be reset
If your LCD screen randomly dims or darkens during use, attempt a factory reset. Navigate to menu selection screen by pressing the [Menu/Set] button at the center of the control dial. Use, the control dial to move left, right, up, and down to select the [Setup] menu then press the [Menu/Set] button. Select the [Reset] command then press the [Menu/Set] button to factory reset your camera.

Camera requires a reset
If you don't think that debris could have gotten into your lens, then a possible solution is to reset your camera. Turn off your camera and take out the battery. Let the camera sit for 30 seconds and put the battery back in and turn on your camera.

Wow that is really cool looking! Like another member said in a previous post, usually to get that effect you open your aperture pretty wide to get the starlight effect. I just shot a photo earlier this spring to get that effect, although, it wasn't that intense lol.

Maybe get a different, less intelligent camera.

Most reactions

Back