Canada's Crow from Hell!

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I drive by a grave yard everyday, It's about 1 km from my house.. I was out this am for coffee, and since it was a beautiful morning, I decided to take a drive through and see if I could catch some kind of feathered creature near a grave stone.. 20 seconds into my ride I came upon this crow.. like he was waiting for me.. he smiled, and chuckled a bit, and told me Jon and Chiller will hate me for this, but he wanted some exposure anyway.

this is just the begining of TPF's crow hunt.. I hope we can carry it on and see what we all can come up with.. I just can't believe how lucky I was!!

DSC_077401websize.jpg

DSC_078001websize.jpg

DSC_078301websize.jpg

DSC_078801websize.jpg

DSC_079701websize.jpg

DSC_080001websize.jpg

DSC_081801websize.jpg

DSC_080101websize.jpg

DSC_080501websize.jpg

p.s. Jon, daisy thinks you are good looking too!! you better watch out! lol

We have a leader so far, a last minute entry has zoomed into the lead. Good colour in that one shot. You can really see the blue. That pic is worth crowing about.

I think it's a crow, unless it is a seagull in a crows costume. But this crow sure puts the "grim" in Grimsby eh?
Great shots Raymond :thumbup: ...ya wanna send this guy our way now. ? Got myself a brand new bird feeder at home....with some new seed :scratch:

Canoncan said:
We have a leader so far, a last minute entry has zoomed into the lead. Good colour in that one shot. You can really see the blue. That pic is worth crowing about.

uh oh, looks like i better step it up a notch! Linda, i won't be home for dinner!

Serious congratulations, Raymond!!!!

OF COURSE, JonMikal can't see a crow here.
With all these attempts to capture a crow on a tombstone, he has become crow-blind. Well, not quite: actually, he sees them everywhere, but the big black birds that go caw-caw-caw all the time (and that so handsomely settle on a TOMBSTONE, no less, in Grimsby, Ontario) are bears to him and flying rats and whatnot.

So don't care about him...

These are some nice shots and I am more and more seriously planning to go on a trip into Hamburg to the big and old cemetery in Ohlsdorf - a cemetery as large as an entire quarter of town. There must then be one or the other crow....!

Hmm...Looks like I had better step it up too. Grimsby is not far from my place. Maybe I will hunt down the Grimsby Crow :playball: .

Lol!! Make sure you call em before you come, and i will take you to my lucky spot! i will pay a visit there every am, and see if these crows have a routine visit here.

I swear, I never spent 10 seconds looking for a crow before this morning.. and this one just about broke my windshield! There were 2 of them, the second was up high in a tree.. I chased them a bit, but they hiked off to some other graveyard I guess.

I have some crows around my house that I wanted to shoot...but not with my camera :X

The darn things moved in a few weeks ago and have chased off all of the other birds...and they just won't shut up. Saturday was the first day in weeks that I could have slept in...but they woke me up at 5:00 am.

I used to hear many different & lovely bird songs in the morning...now it's just SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK

Big Mike said:
I have some crows around my house that I wanted to shoot...but not with my camera :X

The darn things moved in a few weeks ago and have chased off all of the other birds...and they just won't shut up. Saturday was the first day in weeks that I could have slept in...but they woke me up at 5:00 am.

I used to hear many different & lovely bird songs in the morning...now it's just SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK

I feeeel your paaaaaain. :grumpy:

Most reactions

Back