Candid

ThinBlueLine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I touched my camera. Actually... it's been almost exactly a year since I picked it up.
I took it outside yesterday and took 5 total pictures to get my self back into the habit of using it.

Here's a candid for critique to get my feet wet.

Also, the horizon was a tough call due to the very old and rotted fence... I tried leveling it with the pole and it looks like she's about to fall over.

There is no problem with the tilted fence, but you need a solid reason for a blurred forefront. Here it looks like as misjudged DoF.

I think that if the foreground were in the DOF, it would have been distracting being that it is a light object with a dark background, and it's also brighter than her face. I also think it's less busy that way.

I think what's giving my eye grief is that her hand and arm are brighter than her face, so her hand keeps getting my eyes attention. Plus, with the perspective distortion her arm looks abnormally large. Other wise I like it. I like the shallower DOF and the tilted fence. Good focus, too.

I think what's giving my eye grief is that her hand and arm are brighter than her face, so her hand keeps getting my eyes attention. Plus, with the perspective distortion her arm looks abnormally large. Other wise I like it. I like the shallower DOF and the tilted fence. Good focus, too.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from with that. Thanks for the critique.

My thoughts precisely.

My thoughts precisely.

I'll have to get out there tomorrow and take 5 more ;)

I'll try to come up with something better.

My thoughts precisely.

I'll have to get out there tomorrow and take 5 more ;)

I'll try to come up with something better.

A wise individual once said "Practice makes perfect."

Nice shots, but very good looking girl and cute kid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back