candids

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some candid photos I've taken this past year...I've had a bit of an issue getting my focus correct in quick situations, and I've tried to help in some instances by editing out the wrongly-focused objects. As always, I'm here to learn so honest comments and criticism is appreciated! :sillysmi:

n12301135308736507294et8.jpg

n12301135307674236063vz6.jpg

#3 [the sky was totally blown out in this one...so I pasted in a different one...I think it looks....not so great (white edges and the tone just doesn't look like it matches--though the sky was taken from another shot around the same time as this one was taken). Any advice on how to make a pasted in sky look 'natural'? :confused:]
n12301135307670215576wg6.jpg

n12301135307671212971my5.jpg

n12301135311992708944yt1.jpg

n12301135311992698181tr5.jpg

Feel free to edit any of my photos to illustrate your points and I look forward to any advice you can give me :sillysmi:

Cheers!

(now, back to writing my final term paper!...which is due in 10 hours :stun:)

*edit*
*YAY* for my 100th post....how did this happen?! ;)

I like 4,5,6 a lot - 4-5 being my favorites. The others are kinda boring to me.

I like the texture/color of the graffiti wall. But I think having a person in the picture working on the wall makes all the difference and is really key to making these pictures work.

Just because I can't stop staring and it's rather amusing...#3 has sparkles falling from his armpits. :wink:

I can't help you much with critiquing other than being able to express what I like and don't - so sorry!

Thanks for your comments!

I'm glad that you liked some of them--and that you told me why you didn't like some ;)

Just because I can't stop staring and it's rather amusing...#3 has sparkles falling from his armpits. :wink:
Would you say it's too distracting from the shot (is that what kills the shot)? or...is the shot just dodgey all together?

I can't help you much with critiquing other than being able to express what I like and don't - so sorry!
No apologizes needed--thanks for taking the time to comment :sillysmi:

I'm not sure if the armpit thing is too distracting or not. It may only be distracting because I made it that way :confused: I tend to unfortunately focus on peculiar things sometimes in photos and I'm sure most people wouldn't even notice unless I say something.

So, I'm not sure. Someone else might help us out with that one.

Looking at the other ones again, the hair in number 2 on the right edge of the picture is kind of bothersome for me. Any way to take that out but leave the crop as is?

Looking at the other ones again, the hair in number 2 on the right edge of the picture is kind of bothersome for me. Any way to take that out but leave the crop as is?

I did a very (very very) quick PS job on that to give an idea of what it could look like without the business on the right....

n12301135307674236063edvc7.jpg

that was quick!!

looks great - I like it without the right business. how do you feel about it? When it comes down to it, your opinion is the only one that matters.

But anywho, looks good to me :clap:

okay, okay - im going to say one more thing before I go to bed.

I forgot to mention that the lighting on 4 illuminating the cute-as-crap kids is awesome. I don't know if you planned it that way or not - but that photo for me is spectacular.

I also like 4,5,6. I goofed around with 5 just because i dont want to study for my chem. But i changed the contrast and did a bit of color boost.

n12301135311992708944yt1.jpg

Thanks ravikiran and loser101 :)

I agree I could boost the color on the wall a little, not quite as much as in the edit though because I think it makes it look a little cartoonish...and because I don't want my buddy to look like an oompa-loompa, I would probably select only the wall to enhance...Any thoughts on this?

I do like the added contrast in the edit...I'll fiddle with that some more :)

I just noticed that with the crop on #4 it looks like it's tilted to me...does anyone see this as problematic?

I like them all and I agree with you on only selecting the wall to mess with and not your friend. He's very orange in the edit but the wall looked awesome!!
I liked #1 a whole lot but it seemed flat or something.. and the only reason I recongnize that is because that is how ALL of my pictures turn out- grr. LOL SO I played with it some cause I just really like it. And I need the practice. :)

navaro.jpg

Well, it is always risky to play with the downsized versions that we can download onto our computers and work with .... while I quite like your photos here, nabero, mostly so 4 (!) and 5, I am not too fond of both the edits on offer.

In the first edit the colours were clearly overdone ... and yes, you are thinking on the same lines as I would, i.e. to lasso out the wall only and work on that and leave your buddy alone, and the second, JJM, is too sharp now. Clearly too sharp and too sharply contrasted, too.

It is a pity that of all things the girl's face is in the shadow, so that alone makes this photo a "tough case", but then ... as I am saying ... new editions done from the websized pic are always a risk and get so easily overdone...

You're right lafoto. When I made it bogger on my monitor to play with it it didnt look so overshapened. Then when it gets back here it looks so wierd. :x haha

Most reactions

Back