Cannon 6D or Nikon D750

trexon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm planning to upgrade my camera soon and I'm stuck between a Cannon 6D or Nikon D750. I did research on both but I still want to hear people's opinion.

I own the Nikon D750

You will not be surprised if I tell you that the Nikon D750 is superior to the 6D
I am a wedding photographer and got to use the 6D from time and while it wasn't a complete test I did got to feel it for a while.
First thing is the auto focus, the AF on the D750 is just miles better then the very basic AF on the 6D, just for that it is already worth getting the D750.
The sensor on the D750 also has more dynamic range and has better low light performance even though not by a huge margin.
If you do video then the D750 has 1080p 60 while I think the 6D is only 30 but I might be wrong.
D750 has tilting screen which in some cases is a nice edition.

Actually the 6D is not really in same level as the D750, its true competitor is the Nikon D610 which too is better in my opinion mainly due to a better AF but that's beside the point here.

Get the D750 is an awesome camera!!!

I own the Nikon D750

You will not be surprised if I tell you that the Nikon D750 is superior to the D750
I am a wedding photographer and got to use the 6D from time and while it wasn't a complete test I did got to feel it for a while.
First thing is the auto focus, the AF on the D750 is just miles better then the very basic AF on the 6D, just for that it is already worth getting the D750.
The sensor on the D750 also has more dynamic range and has better low light performance even though not by a huge margin.
If you do video then the D750 has 1080p 60 while I think the 6D is only 30 but I might be wrong.
D750 has tilting screen which in some cases is a nice edition.

Actually the 6D is not really in same level as the D750, its true competitor is the Nikon D610 which too is better in my opinion mainly due to a better AF but that's beside the point here.

Get the D750 is an awesome camera!!!
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for a D750. Thank you for your feedback!

Yes, as mentioned the 6D's competitor is the D610, not the D750.
The D610 has more features and functionality at that price point of the 6D and D610.

So the D750 is just more of everything at a higher price point. If you like Canon you'll need to compare the 5d Mark III or IV for a more true comparison.

Also take into consideration any equipment you already have. If you have a large amount of Canon lenses already, it might make sense to stick with Canon, but if you don't, or don't mind getting Nikon lenses, then get the 750.

Oh last thing I forgot to mention which for me is super important as I am getting paid for using my D750 is the second SD card, for me I need that to back up my pictures just in case one of the SD cards craps out, this might not be a huge deal to you so it depends of individual needs but either way its nice to have compared to the 6D single SD card slot.

I would rather have a D750, but I "get" the allure of the Canon 6D.

I switched from the 6d to the 750 about two years ago and there's no way I would ever go back to canon.

I agree with others, you will get better image quality with Canon and the 6D is much cheaper and the selection of lens is better but perhaps you could wait until the 6D2
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

I agree with others, you will get better image quality with Canon and the 6D is much cheaper and the selection of lens is better but perhaps you could wait until the 6D2
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

I can assure you this isn't true. I switched from the 6d to the 750 and I would never go back.

I do not like to use the disagree button....but I disagree with Post #12...I think the better image quality will come from a Nikon D600, or D610, or D750, rather than the Canon 6D. But that said, the Canon 6D is a good camera, and shoots nice images, and has a great feeling grip and body, and a fair price, and it is a nice so-called "half-height" body (meaning it does not have an integral battery grip). As far as lens selection goes, Canon and Nikon both have everything a person could possibly need, lens-wise and accessory-wise.

Most reactions

Back