Canon 1D Mark II new in box - $2600

why? You can get a new 5D from 2500 - 2799

Its a superior camera in almost every regard. and its not 3 year old

technology (not that anything is wrong with the mark2, just for the same price...)

I wouldnt say that its such a great price... I paid $2900 for mine used a year ago... now you can find the 1D Mark IIs for in the low twos...

As far as the 5D being a "better" camera... I have both... it isnt... its different... but certainly not "better"... both have their high and low point...

OK ok, you got me !!! lol

I just really like what they have done with the 5D for the money...

I mean unless you need the extra fps of the mark 2 for sports, I would personally go with the 5D. Although Ill admit The firewire connection on the mark2 is a bit faster then usb2.0 , so I guess its got 2 advantages over the 5D in a studio/sports environment and the built in battery grip is cool...

but I can live without those 2 things granted the 5D's sensor is about 30% larger, and the resolution much greater. the focus metering is more advanced, its got spot metering, no crop which means I will have more resolution and clarity in my pictures, also the LCD is 20% larger. I think it will last me longer in the long run..

yeah you are correct, better for some peple and not for others...

I've been looking to get a mark II, and plan on contacting this seller and see if we can work out a deal. I plan on going to San Antonio and checking it out first (its not a long drive, and I would feel much better about that when spending so much.) I do like the idea of saving 1000 dollars over buying new from BH.

Does anyone have any suggestions for checking out the camera? Is there any way to make sure the camera is new as advertisde? Any tips to make sure the camera at the least isn't a lemon?

THe thing I'd buy the 1D MkII N for is that 45point AF system. the 5D is not in the same league. Sure it's got a larger sensor and slightly cleaner images but I'd love a 1 series...... Not just now though :)

I agree, I just dont ever shoot sports....

It seems the 5D is better as far as the metering and for sports the 1dmk2 is just the boss. !!

68 mb/s bandwidth ?? THATS NUTS......;)

Does anyone have any suggestions for checking out the camera? Is there any way to make sure the camera is new as advertisde? Any tips to make sure the camera at the least isn't a lemon?

1d markII has an internal counter on the number of frames it has taken. Can't remember the procedures.. .searching for them.

UPDATE: after a quick trip to San Antonio, I am in possession of a virtually new canon 1D MkII. It turns out it wasn't quite as new as advertisde, it had around 2,000 frames taken on it, but it still looks new, and shoots wonderfully.

UPDATE: after a quick trip to San Antonio, I am in possession of a virtually new canon 1D MkII. It turns out it wasn't quite as new as advertisde, it had around 2,000 frames taken on it, but it still looks new, and shoots wonderfully.

cool deal, 2,000 frames is nothing, that's about 3-4 events for me.

enjoy your camera :thumbup:

Yeah, i shot at least 2,000 frames the weekend I got it at a softball tournament. Definitely worth the 800+ price cut.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back