Canon 24mm 1:2.8 lens is stuck!

raechul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an older 24mm 1:2.8 lens, Canon FD, that sticks mid-swivel. I stuffed it in a bag that I was flying with and don't know if it got jammed or what, since it was working perfectly fine before the flight. I really can't afford to pack it up, pay to ship it off AND pay to have it fixed, so wanted to see if anyone here knew anything about how the lens is built and if I'd be able to fix it myself. I can't find anything about it online, either.

Of course, this is the only lens I brought with me, so I'm stuck with nothing else and am dying to shoot!

Oh, and I moved to Hawaii and already checked the local camera store (yes, there's only one on the entire island) and they do not do repairs.

Thank you!

Welcome aboard.

that sticks mid-swivel
Do you mean that the focus ring sticks?

Canon FD lenses (having been discontinued for at least 26 years) are getting pretty old...so it doesn't surprise me that they will break down. It would probably be expensive to fix, especially if it needed replacement parts.

The good news is that Canon FD lenses are pretty cheap on the used market...mostly because they are not easily compatible with modern cameras.
So your best bet is probably to look for a new (used) lens.

Canon Manual Focus 28 F2.8 FD (52) 35MM SLR MANUAL FOCUS WIDE ANGLE LENS - KEH.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back