Canon 250D close up lens adapter

Evo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was thinking of purchasing the 250 close up adapter for Macro shots. I would be using it in conjunction with my 50mm 1.8. Does any one have any experiance with this combination and how did they like it. Thanks. :hail:

Do you mean a close up lens? The things that look like a filter that allow closer focusing? If so, I think you can just get a screw in filter with a 52mm thread and use that.
I'd imagine there is a compatiblility table on canon's website for lenses with extension tubes. So long as you use an EF extension tube, it should be fine as long as your lens in compatible.

I've never used the Canon close up adaptors but I have a set of Hoya close up filters. I believe the Canon ones are better quality but I'm not sure how much better.

My Hoya filters are OK...they can give me nice close ups but the image quality does suffer, especially at the edges.

As mentioned, another option would be extension tubes. You would but them behind the lens. The combination of the 50mm F1.8 and extension tubes would be pretty good. Tubes are good because they don't introduce any more glass for the light to pass though...therefore don't degrade the image quality.

Thanks, i thought about the extension tubes but was worried of excessive vignetting, but I may have to look into them further.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back