Canon 30d question

Relic123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it possible to have an exposure longer than 30 seconds with the 30d, or would I have to go to a film body with my lens?

if you don't want to hold down the shutter button manually, get a RC1 remote (~$30). Then, you can tripod your camera, and put it on BULB mode as mentioned, and then control the shutter using the remote. This way, you won't have to hold a button for so long. Plus, it gives you an excuse to buy a new toy.

Oh, and if it's anything like my XT, you'll need it in Manual mode...not Shutter Priority.

Or maybe you're like me (when I switched to my first digital SLR) and took a while to realize that you have stop your shutter speed down and down and down before you hit "bulb." Really... it's there, just not a convenient and obvious setting on the dial like the good old days.

if you don't want to hold down the shutter button manually, get a RC1 remote (~$30). Then, you can tripod your camera, and put it on BULB mode as mentioned, and then control the shutter using the remote. This way, you won't have to hold a button for so long. Plus, it gives you an excuse to buy a new toy.

The RC1 wont work for the 30D. It doesn't come with a wireless remote sensor. You have to buy the canon wireless remote (around 400 bucks) or an aftermarket one. You don't have many choices.

The RC1 wont work for the 30D. It doesn't come with a wireless remote sensor. You have to buy the canon wireless remote (around 400 bucks) or an aftermarket one. You don't have many choices.

Really? Wow, thanks for covering my butt there.

Any idea of the RC1 will work with the 40D?

I have a remote with a cord for my 30d that works great. Got it off ebay for about $10.

Most reactions

Back