Canon 40D

eterrisinCYQX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think of these? Is it worth getting a 40D over a Rebel XSi? This is the kit I'm looking at for the 40D, I can't find one on Vistek for an XSi that doesn't come with an EF-S lens.

Also, what's the size of the image sensor on the 40D? Does it take EF-mount lenses?

All of these questions can be easily answered by nearly any review on the net. If you want to do a side by side comparison then go to www.dpreview.com and click reviews -> side by side.

How can we say if it's worth YOU getting a 40D? We know nothing about you.

The 40D takes the same lenses as the Rebel series, and it has the same size sensor.

If you can afford it, (and if you can handle it) then the 40d would be worth getting over a rebel. Its better in so many ways, from build quality, to speed, to noise at high ISOs. But that doesnt mean i'm telling you to buy it. I'm guessing you're just starting out in this, so i'd probably still reccomend the rebel to start out with.

If you can afford it, (and if you can handle it) then the 40d would be worth getting over a rebel. Its better in so many ways, from build quality, to speed, to noise at high ISOs. But that doesnt mean i'm telling you to buy it. I'm guessing you're just starting out in this, so i'd probably still reccomend the rebel to start out with.

New to digital. Been shooting film for a year or so.

hm... tough call. I shot film for about a year, then used digital point and shoots for a couple years, then i had an amature dslr for about a year, and now i just moved up to the sony a700, which is for all intensive purposes, equivalent to the 40d. I guess its ultimately up to you to decide what would be best. Go to a store and play with both, and see if you feel ready for the 40d

I'll wait and see if I find a deal on a 40D. If not, I'll get a Rebel. I don't really want to replace my body in a few years, which is the only real reason I want a 40D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back