Canon 5D Mark II price shoots up

scooterthepup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been tracking the price on the Canon 5D Mark II with 24 to 105 lens for a week. I found several places selling it for $2,640 I am ready to bye and in one day all those place raised the price $160 is a conspercy, how can a camera jump that much that has been on the market for years.

Amazon has it new for $2,639 USD

It's the soviets.

if I bought it from Amazon i would have to pay $237 in tax which would make it almost $100 more than other places

is 5DII production discontinued? If so that makes sense. Amazon often list "new" discontinued items at higher price than even the newer item that replaces the old one.

if I bought it from Amazon i would have to pay $237 in tax which would make it almost $100 more than other places

Since when do you have to pay tax on Amazon?

It is not what Amazon want, but few states require Amazon to do so. (Their home state and states where they have affiliates)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your state would require Amazon to collect taxes if it has any facility (warehouse, office, affiliate, future store plans) in that state.

I bought the 5d mark ii with the 24-105 lens about 2 months ago from Dell and it was a total of $2700....didn't see it any cheaper anywhere else...

Most reactions

Back