Canon 5D Mark ii vs. Canon EOS 1Ds Mark ii

could not agree more in regards to wedding shoots....since I don't shoot weddings and as long as it does what I need it to do I'm a happy shooter :mrgreen:
The 1DsII is a great body, even today. For studio work and portraits with lighting, you would be hard pressed to find a more capable body even in the face of more current technology.

But this thread is about a body for wedding photography. Unfortunately the 1DsII has fallen a bit behind the times for this type of work.

For my studio work, I would gladly shoot a 1DsII.

How does the 1Ds MKII do at 6400 ISO?

Bad, no where near as good as the 5Dmk2 the 5dmk1 is better than the 1Dsmk2

highest ISO on the 1DsMKII is 3200, not 6400, at 3200 it is not bad for what I shoot.
Its horses for courses, no doubt the 5DMKII is excellent for wedding etc., for outside shooting, the odd indoors that I do, sports etc. the 1DsMKII is a top performer.
It is also important to keep in mind, the 1DsMKII is 5 years old, thats a lot of technology between it and any of the current models, be it Canon, Nikon etc..

And people that say the 5DII's AF sucks, can...well...suck it...

I shoot bands at venues with terrible lighting and I've done action shots with BMX'ers and never had a problem with the AF keeping up. It might not be as fast as a 1D MKIV, but it's still adequate.

Most reactions

Back