Canon 5D Mark III (Body Only) $2899 through Beachcamera via eBay

Grey market? Check the serial and make sure you have a warranty with it! If its too good to be true, it probably is, and at $400 off, it seems too good to be true!

Grey market? Check the serial and make sure you have a warranty with it! If its too good to be true, it probably is, and at $400 off, it seems too good to be true!

If you search the internet this isn't the first time Beach Camera has done this. Adorama was selling legit ones for only $2750! It was listed on the eBay home page as a daily deal -- so I guess eBay helps subsidize the price?

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/canon/299289-adorama-selling-5d3-2-750-ebay-legit.html

Once I get it I will confirm that it is what they say. Right on the ebay listing it says they are a canon authorized reseller and that it comes with a Canon USA warranty (not their personal one).

Yes--this is a promotion, and many people are speculating that e-Bay is underwriting this promotion, the SECOND ONE that Beach has done on this camera, as a way to get some affordable and world-wide "buzz", for LESS than the cost of advertising!!! A couple weeks ago, Adorama sold over 800 Canon 5D-III cameras at $2,799 or $2,750 in a similar e-Bay promotion; gross sales off of eBay were right around $2.4 million US dollars in around two days' time--and the WORLD-WIDE publicity for both Adorama and for e-Bay was HUGE; if the retailers and e-Bay SPLIT the discount, they are still gaining positively HUGE world-wide internet "buzz"...

The thinking is that these promotions, which are NOT available anywhere EXCEPT through these two vendors's e-Bay storefronts (not in-store, and not on the vendor's "regular" web sites!!!), promote e-Bay as a place to look for brand-new, name-brand camera gear...kinda' like,cough,cough, Amazon.com...

See how that works??? TPF is the world's biggest photo forum, I believe. Neither Adorama, not Beach, nor e-Bay could actually BUY this kind of buzz through advertising...the value, compared against a potential advertising buy, is HUGE for the vendors, and for e-Bay.

Most reactions

Back