Canon 5D Mark III images leaked... finally!

I can feel my wallet dying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

And your bank account texting 9-1-1 and begging for CPR (credit card payment replenishment)

meh, am just happy that the mark II price will be reduced.

How much do you think will be the immediate effect on price of II after the markIII release?
If they keep the 24-105mm as kit lens, it would be even more attractive to still buy the markII, I guess?

You know I've heard some saying the 5D Mk1 might get as low as £500 for one - at that price I just might get one for experimental purposes (and to have the highly coveted full frame experience).

How much do you think will be the immediate effect on price of II after the markIII release?
If they keep the 24-105mm as kit lens, it would be even more attractive to still buy the markII, I guess?

Could go up down or do nothing - all depends at what price the MIII will hit the shops - specifically when it hits the shops and how stock of the MII holds out. For proseries gear if the price between the two is too great and the original starts to run out of stock its price might actually inflate as demand for it from those in the lower price bracket remains strong.
If the MIII hits with a price that will be seen to (fairly quickly) lower to around what the MII costs then the MII will likely lower in its value.

It all depends on that price it hits at and also on stocks and when it arrives to the market.

You know I've heard some saying the 5D Mk1 might get as low as £500 for one - at that price I just might get one for experimental purposes (and to have the highly coveted full frame experience).

I'm with you.

Could go up down or do nothing - all depends at what price the MIII will hit the shops - specifically when it hits the shops and how stock of the MII holds out. For proseries gear if the price between the two is too great and the original starts to run out of stock its price might actually inflate as demand for it from those in the lower price bracket remains strong.
If the MIII hits with a price that will be seen to (fairly quickly) lower to around what the MII costs then the MII will likely lower in its value.

It all depends on that price it hits at and also on stocks and when it arrives to the market.

Makes sense. Do you know whether the 24-105mm stays the kit lens for markIII?

I'm asking all these questions because my wife joins me a lot when out taking shots, so I would like to get her a camera on her own.
Since I'm still in need of a good walkaround lens, 24-104mm (or 24-70mm), a glorious idea hit me!
Instead of buying her a new camera body and I have to purchase all lenses expensive separately... she can have my 60D and I get the MarkII with 24-105mm as kit lens.
And we are sorted ;-)

I've no idea about possible kits - you'll have to wait and see what turns up - plus many retailers also put together their own kits so there will be some variation in what's on offer.

I really don't see the benefit of buying a 5D Mark I when you compare it to the current SLR range. Yes, it was higher resolution but in reality a current line crop sensor model is as good if not better that the 5D.

I have used the 5D Mark I for quite a bit of studio work and for a short few hours 'on location'. I have also used 20Ds, 60Ds, D7000s and D200s for he same purposes. The full frame-ness wasn't a huge benefit compared to the 60D and D7000.

Of course there are still things that crop sensors will probably never have, like massive viewfinders, but I wouldn't spend that much on the full-frame as to ignore the semi-pro crops sensor of today.

Can't wait to have a go with the Mark III, though!

Angles of view will be different and whilst in many cases it might not be night and day a 5D original would be an affordable way to experiment without having to spend £1000s on a MII or MIII - which whilst better, represent a larger investment.

I wouldn't be so much hunting after the "image quality" side of things (far as I'm concerned that is mostly held in the lens itself) but more the wider angles of view and options for shallower depths of field as compared to 1.6 crop.

the rumored specs are holding at a likeable level too!
Specs

• 22mp
  • 61pt AF
  • 100% VF
  • 3.2″ LCD
  • Dual CF/SD Card Slots
  • Price: Around $3500 USD
  • Announcement on March 2, 2012 (Depending where you are on earth)

I could have clone stamped the third I ahahahaha.

I've no idea about possible kits - you'll have to wait and see what turns up - plus many retailers also put together their own kits so there will be some variation in what's on offer.

So now that's it out, Mark III remains the 24-105mm as kit lens. So we are talking around 1,500 USD more incl. the 24-105mm.

At $3,800 for the body only and $4,650 with the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM zoom lens, the Mark II has a higher price tag than its predecessor, which you can find for about $2,400 for the body only and $3,200 with the lens kit.

Read more: Canon's long-awaited next-gen 5D Mark III announced for late March

Most reactions

New Topics

Back