Canon 5DmkII for $650

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found a deal on Canon 5dmkII for just $650 (3800 NOK). That's less than I paid for my Tokina 11-16mm/2.8. I'd really like a 5D for the full frame quality and much better ISO performance than my 40D.

The seller says it comes straight from service, where they changed the memory card slot or something (with receipt).

I'm not sure how much I would get for a used 40D today - it's getting quite old. It's been in for repair twice on the same part. I could still use my 11-16mm on the full frame sensor, at least at 16mm.

And that's included a battery grip + four batteries :drool: I'll at least send an e-mail asking for some more info about how old it is, whether there are small stuff worth mentioning about it. More info about the service.

O.O
I'm not even going to dare converting that into english costs; but seriously I think that's what 50% under the average second hand price for a MII? If you can see the unit, check it works and run its serial by the online stolen serial listings that would be fine; I'd be more worried if I couldn't see the unit itself at that price.

Good thinking, Overread. I'm home for Easter holidays, but will return pretty close to where the seller's located over Easter.

I'd have to figure out how I run the serial number for those stolen listings first :p

That sounds way too cheap. Be careful as Overread said.

Update: It's not the mk2, it's the first 5D (mk zero) version, LOL.

Epic fail. I was really excited, here! :grumpy:

(I need to learn to read)

Update: It's not the mk2, it's the first 5D (mk zero) version, LOL.

Epic fail. I was really excited, here! :grumpy:

but that would be the mk one, not zero, wouldn't it?

I don't know what to call it :) mk1 is probably better, hehe!

I'll change my stance then from risky to jealous - esp since it seems that all the 5D with grips have vanished from the UK ebay site (well there is one but its not a high ratings seller).

Thats still pretty cheap, if you can afford it I would buy it anyway :D

Hehe. The 5D lacks live view, which I actually use quite often. I've found live view to be really helpful in composing from low perspective. + ISO range stops at 3200. Probably still better quality, but....

Anyway, here's the link should you want to buy from Norway :)

Canon 5D med utstyr selges meget billig. - FINN Torget

Canon EF-S 10-22mm - why is the person selling it with an EFS lens?
*assumes its being sold with it because he can't read Norway lingo ;)*

Canon EF-S 10-22mm - why is the person selling it with an EFS lens?
*assumes its being sold with it because he can't read Norway lingo ;)*

I questioned that as well :)
Also, notice how he's zoomed all the way out on his Tamron ;) Gotta impress, right?

On second though, he probably didn't take those images himself :p

Most reactions

Back