Canon 60 d user needs help!

arpad617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone ! I tried few SD cards in my canon 60 d and read as "card write protected" even it was not protected .I tried the same SD cards to another camera works fine. Do you guys think i did something wrong to my Canon 60d? How do i fix this issue please help!

Last edited:
I would try calling Canon honestly. If the cards work in another camera, then it sounds like something may be up with yours.

Strange. As a long shot, remove the battery for a full reset and see what happens. Sometimes this cures unexplained ills.

Format the cards inside of the camera. Cameras don't usually like using cards formatted on the computer or in another device.

I used scandisk ultra. I did reformat the cards , removed the battery , cleared default settings still saying the card is write protected. It takes picture though without card. As of now I am decided to call Canon on Monday. I hope nothing major. Thank you guys ..

Is it only with the one card? Do others work in the camera? It could be a faulty card.

I'm looking at my Sandisk Ultra card right now, what position is the little gray slider ( hard to notice if you don't look closely) on the left side of the card in? It should be at the forward position towards the contacts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back